16 0

Hmm mmmm. Mmm

Who's your favorite popular atheist?

By TheNightOwl2113
Options Favorite Like

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence, and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy

Create your free account

16 comments

My dog!

Geoffrey51 Level 7 July 12, 2018

Bill Maher

Countrywoman Level 8 July 11, 2018

Jonathan Meades.

Jnei Level 8 July 11, 2018

Eddie Izzard.

bleurowz Level 8 July 11, 2018

Ricky Gervais is my favorite. Julianne Moore is also one.

Sydland Level 7 July 9, 2018

I don't really follow individuals, but if Elon Musk is an atheist.. then that guy.

FatherOfNyx Level 6 July 9, 2018

It has to be Douglas Adams.

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves that You exist, and so therefore, by Your own arguments, You don't. QED"

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing

Salo Level 7 July 9, 2018

Love that. Adams' wit is legendary.

Daniel Dennett, because his thoughts about religion are quite sophisticated, not black and white.
But is he "popular"?

Matias Level 7 July 9, 2018

Yup.

I believe he is.

Ricky Gervais, Daniel Radcliffe, Billy Joel, all well and good, but my all time atheist hero is Linus Pauling. "I believe that all complicated phenomena can be explained using simpler scientific principles." That quote galvanized my atheism decades ago, and I still use it when people ask me what I believe.

zeuser Level 7 July 9, 2018

Stephen Fry.

Cassiopeia Level 6 July 9, 2018

Good one! I almost forgot about him.

Definitely Freud

Morganfreeman Level 7 July 9, 2018

Jeff Goldblum in the Jurassic Park/World movies. In real life he's probsby not an atheist. But I like the character he plays.

t1nick Level 7 July 9, 2018

Living...Jim Jefferies

Sticks48 Level 8 July 9, 2018

Seth Andrews.

Ellatynemouth Level 8 July 9, 2018

Probably Hitchens. He's so goddamn eloquent, derisive, and passionate.

Humanistheathen Level 7 July 9, 2018
Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.comis the largest non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!