Agnostic.com

3 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Unfortunately, molestation is all to common in any family. Religion just reinforces the lesser value of females

So it seems is everything else.

While I do not want to believe the abuse/molestation in those families occurs at a higher rate than in the general population, I also don't like hearing rants about how corrupt all police forces are (I know, different topic).

Perhaps both are true, I don't know. But, both seem to be indicative of a sick society. The problem arises with the propensity of mass media, and oftentimes special interests therein, to sensationalize such occurences to the point that the viewing/listening public often gets a very skewed perspective.

These religious fanatics, such as these Duggars may or may not be representative of their movement within the religious community; but, the situation shown here is very disturbing, indeed, and further emphasizes how self-delusional and hypocritical these people appear to be.

@ProudMary, I've had 2 brothers-in-law who were cops. Both seemed pretty cool, toward me, at least. But, both also gave me the impression that cops are, basically, capable of almost anything. I also got the impression they do whatever they want, legal, quasi-legal, or just flat-out illegal if they think they can get away with it. And they frequently can and do.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:126152
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.