Agnostic.com

12 6

Any other Absurdists here?

I've went through all the options and I've even tried to search for Absurdism but I've found nothing and nobody.

In philosophy, "the Absurd" refers to the conflict between the human tendency to seek inherent value and meaning in life and the human inability to find any.

In my view from the absurdist existential perspective the existence or not of God is irrelevant and If God exist he/she mat as well be ignored.

entranger 5 July 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Absurd Exitentialism as in Camus?

t1nick Level 8 July 24, 2018

Yes roughly

Chutney hammock.

Apathetic Agnosticism. Gnostic Nihilist. Existing within a contradiction seems the only rational decision.

Which Philosopher(s) resonate with you? Nietzsche? Sartre?

[philosophybasics.com]

From those two I more Sartre though most of my understanding is based on the works of Camus.

@Matias actually it was originally a coincidence. I used it the first time before Id even heard of Camus. But then it worked so well for me.

this is not what your looking for. so I'll just set it here to trip over [agnostic.com]?

??

404 not found

That's either really clever or a lost link ....but I guess it don't matter either way🙂

@entranger grrrrr.... I'll try again.

@entranger try now if you wish.

@hankster looks fun I will investigate Thanks

@hankster oh an how long have you been living without your head?

@entranger on and off for 30 years or better.... that's kind of a hard thing to remember.

Good point.

Hmmm.... didn’t Albert Camus cover this?

Yep

There are folks on this site who find me absurd, so l guess l are one. Will there be meetings and snacks? There has to be snacks! Preferably donuts, cake would also work. ☺

Sorry Coffee is the only real choice

@entranger all Hail the Bean, Seed of Caffeine & Harbinger of the Bladder.

We can't find meaning because there isn't any to find. It's all in our heads. Things mean what we want them to mean. We are the meaning creators.

Although we are almost certainty incapable of finding any true meaning it doesn't mean there isn't any. After all how can we know anything for sure if its all in our heads.

@entranger True. But that's what I think, anyway.

Like Rick and Morty?

Kinda. But although they Claim to be Absurdist I would say they are more like nihilists

That's pretty much my view also.

Sure, I'm good with that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:127450
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.