Agnostic.com

6 3

Nasty Naming!

The inventor of the Lear Jet, Mr. Lear, reportedly named one of his daughters "Shanda". Nice. Then Kanye West named his kid "North". I half expected his next child to be named "Wild" or "Go". Frank Zappa stuck his kids with the appellations "Dweezil", "Moon Unit", "Ahmet" (how did that one slip in?), and "Diva". Long, long ago I went to junior high school with a Darlene Fuchs (a last name that everyone chose to say without a long "u" sound), and I currently have a female friend named (and I kid you not) Misty Beaver. What "nasty names" have you encountered?

RobLawrence 7 July 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have always loved how the censors missed "Beaver Cleaver"!

@RobLawrence well then my mission here is done!

An English gentleman by the name of Richard Allcock..Dick Allcock for short..thats the only one that comes to mind..nowhere near as hilarious as those misfortunetes..???

@RobLawrence

Indeed...The unfortunately named gent had to endure daily Tannoy calls from the girls on reception who would occasionally chuckle as they blasted his name across the building..?

@RobLawrence

Lol Attention Mike Hunt?...Has anyone seen Mike Hunt??

I knew a Harry Kuntz in high school. The last name, pronounced like the author's; Koontz, was mispronounced a lot. My daughter-in-law taught a kid named Shithead. He pronounced it shi-thede.

JimG Level 8 July 10, 2018

Richard Weed.

What a time it was

I met a carol carroll and a Gaylord Dix and a Jack and Sharon Hiscock.

Doctor Payne and Doctor Will Tickle...our infectious diseases doctor is Dr. Petrie

@RobLawrence Bwa ha ha...oh my. You would have to be really confident to carry that name around with you.

@LadyAlyxandrea I knew of a urologist named Dick Chop.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:127579
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.