Agnostic.com

42 8

Anyone ever get the feeling you're going to be forever alone?

I often get the feeling that if 'it' were going to happen for me it would have done so by now. I'm beginning to think I'm not ever going to get to be in love and its depressing as hell, frankly.

SkepChik 5 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments (26 - 42)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

“I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone.”

• Robin Williams
    That was my life through my 20’s. Then I got a divorce and haven’t looked back. Still alone but happy.

I'm 57 and I don't feel that way. There's no one "it." Hang in there. =]

I feel similarly. I would like very much to find a woman and fall in love with her, and as I grow older I expect it probably will never appen. However, I do believe it's better to be alone than to be in a miserable relationship or marriage. There are so many potential problems with marriage. Plus, I often can enjoy my own company pretty well.

There is nothing wrong with being single. I am a fellow Tampa Bay resident. maybe we will chat more over time.

Sorry you're down. I'm single for the first time in 20 years at 37. I'm in kind of a different boat of feeling weird being single again, but also positive about being able to do whatever I want without having to check in with someone. I suppose their pros and cons for whatever situation we're in. Hoping for the best for you!

I live alone. I will die alone. I'm pretty comfortable with it most days.

I fell in love when I was 19 Married. I was the apple of his eye until a peach came walking by. I fell in love again when I was 35, then again when I was 55.. It's out there, don't give up!

You are so not alone in that. I wonder the same thing. And yes its is very depressing. I don't even know what to say. It really resonates with me. I am strange by any measurement. It really makes me wonder....

Yes, especially if your a introvert like me. Keep saying one of the days

Absolutely. I'm more than a little convinced that I'm just a forever alone type. At nearly forty I'm pretty sure I would have made/found something that worked for me by now. 😟

I honestly have started thinking the same way now. 😟

Flynn Level 3 Jan 31, 2018

My dear sister in spirit...i am 69 1/2 years old and never, through 2 marriages lasting almost 40 years have I been anywhere near as happy as I am right now, single & free, And a truly lovely romance blooming, I think/hope, right now. Being part of a couple is no answer to anything! They can verbally & physically abuse you to the point of scars, even near death. (hubby #1, 5 years)They can seem lovely to everyone around you and you are left wondering why you feel so sad & alone, you must be crazy, ungrateful, or just stupid......and what a demanding nag you are for expressing your sadness! (hubby #2, 34 years). Make Yourself happy....no holiday goes by that I do not gift myself something lovely, sometimes more than one thing! A day does not go by without enjoying a moment of pure relief that I am free to create my own heaven. If this potential romance blossoms, icing on the cake, but in no what responsible for my basic happiness, just an enhancer.
Be careful what you wish for, and especially beware thinking that your happiness depends on someone else...that thinking will sour Any relationship, despite all the drivel in popular songs....which make me cringe!
P.S. listen to what I tell you instead of going through all the crap I did to find it out for yourself, Please!

My thing is I know how to be alone, nothing says I have to like it. I often think that I might be a tad complexed to have that enigma of lifelong love or the simulation of such ever come together.

I hear ya...yet the way I look at it is that I'm stuck with myself and that isn't all that bad.

Some days it can seem to be a long and winding road. Just get out there once in a while and as you travel the road, see what you notice, or if anyone notices you. Generally, when I stay home, there is not much to notice on either end.

I know how that feels. I'm pretty much resigned to the likelihood that I'll remain alone for the rest of my life. I'm not happy about it but I've more or less gotten used to it.

It's in the nature of being a being to be the only one in your skin.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12761
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.