Agnostic.com

10 2

With No God, Would It Still Be Possible To Have A Soul Mate? Perhaps that little piece of cosmic dust from the Corona of your mutual Super Nova has a Star attraction after all?

Brad1313 4 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

to me a soulmate is not someone vested to be mine if I am good... or if I am lucky.... soulmate is just a match to your personality... the one that makes you feel... I am home here, I don't need to keep searching. Is not preordained or what ever. Is the one that makes your life completed no matter the circumstances. Want to call him/her something else... it won't change the effect on you two as a couple. There are more than one for you because is not decided by god... is your call... IF YOU FIND THE ONE.

A soul mate is a person that compliments your personality. It’s more of a psychological mate ttan a spoil mate.

Maybe we are all soul mates and maybe that is possible without a god or maybe that is god.

your mate has nothing to do with religion

Soulmate is just the name given to the person who causes your brain to flood with dopamine and serotonin.

I think we have many soulmates. I think it has nothing to do with predetermined fate or stars or spirituality. I think our subconscious recognizes something in people and draws us close to them and based on that we choose to invest in relationships (romantic and friendly). My real friends, I consider soulmates and I think I’ve met a few more that I haven’t drawn into deep friendship.

I like to visualize people as periodic mathematical functions. I think your soulmates are people on the same “wavelength” and who generally travel near you, kind of how @Decieven referred to resonating. Me and my friends don’t always agree, we drift closer and further, but they guide me a lot and I know they’re always close. The romantic side of things is so much more complicated, but I still think there can be that initial subconscious recognition when you fall in love with a soulmate. It’s like things go faster and feel “right” because they actually feel almost familiar. That familiarity can work against you in the long run, but it helps up front.

I posted about soulmates a while ago.

I don't think one needs 'religion' to admire, or even participate in, spirituality.

there is a bit of irony in looking for a soul mate when so many argue against the existence of a soul

What does religion have to do with love? Nothing at all.

that sounds kind of like a song

ya know @btroje there was a song by Heart-"Nothing but love"-not sure thats the title

@sassygirl3869 I have a Tina TUrner ear worm but it doesnt really match your words that much just a gestalt

Wrong song @btroje It's "Alone".

@btroje What's love got to do, got to do with it?

@skado yeah thats what my thoughts flashed to

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12780
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.