39 2

If you could live ANYWHERE....

If you could live ANYWHERE, where would you live? And why?

By Sirena
Options Favorite Like

39 comments

Australia. Ever since I saw my first Koala as a .

MaverickXL Level 3 July 11, 2018

Palawan, Philippines It is a beautiful island with friendly people. They would have fix their power shortage problem

Oldcurmudgeon Level 3 July 11, 2018

On a boat, the peace, serenity and expanse of openness is hugely appealing!

Nelly91 Level 3 July 11, 2018

Portland, Oregon, or Boulder, Colorado. I want to be relatively close to nature and yet have access to a good transit system.

snytiger6 Level 8 July 11, 2018

Amsterdam. Lots of reasons!

SukiSue Level 7 July 11, 2018

I tend to fantasize about the Nordic countries because of their high levels of happiness (or really, contentment) and great social safety nets. Although I'm half Swedish, for some reason Norway appeals most to me. On the other hand they are too close for comfort to the USSR and I'd have to learn a relatively alien new language to thrive there, so sometimes I think more in terms of New Zealand. More progressive overall than Australia, speaks English, wants IT people like myself (although would prefer them younger). Or maybe Canada, for the same reasons, and proximity.

At the end of the day though I'm too old and not vulnerable enough (I'm a heterosexual male WASP after all) to make shaking the dust of the US off my feet that great of a strategy, in a purely pragmatic sense. I half half a mind to ship my daughter and grandchildren off someplace like that as a final act of mercy though.

mordant Level 7 July 11, 2018

I've lived my whole life in a desert. Now I am about to move to Northern Ireland. That's (hopefully) pretty much spot on for my "anywhere". smile001.gif

Rhetoric Level 6 July 11, 2018

That's exciting!

I would stay where I am but be in a different income bracket.

Ellatynemouth Level 8 July 11, 2018

Chattanooga TN, its has the best atmosphere.

GrumpyCatDad Level 5 July 11, 2018

I can live just about anywhere, so long as there are escape destinations.

chalupacabre Level 6 July 11, 2018

I actually really like where I live. I just want a better house.

Lookin4love Level 6 July 11, 2018

I like your new photo. You look great.

@Ellatynemouth Thank you so much! I was looking good this morning so I thought I better take advantage of that! Lol.

Off-world, you did say anywhere.

Mark013 Level 6 July 11, 2018

I sure did!

Isle of Skye, Scotland. Literal perfection.

May as well also keep a flat in London, West End, maybe overlooking the Thames. As long as we are dreaming and all.

filthyMONKEYmen Level 6 July 11, 2018

Right there! because from there I can go visit all the other places. No mortgage, no living out of suitcases, no neighbors, guest quarters, 5 dogs, willing women visit and are soon topless on the deck, favorite foods and drinks, safety security, equity, hilltop and soon to be very valuable beachfront property if the oceans keep rising. Also I built it.

Anonbene Level 7 July 11, 2018

Seattle, I love the rain. Gray overcast sky, I love it. I'm not trying to be a downer, I just truly hate being sunburnt. My people are all Irish, I never tan. The moe sun I get the more I look like a beet. I spend the whole summer here running from one shady patch to another. So a place where the sun rarely shines sounds lovely.

Nurse-Quantros Level 7 July 11, 2018

Practical. I haven't been to Seattle, but I've always wanted to

Oh yes I agree. Biggest culture shock for me coming to Victoria in Oz from UK is it hardly ever rains. I miss rainy Saturday afternoons and proper football!

I would like to live near the ocean, where I can listen to the sound of the waves crashing on the shore,a nice sea breeze and somewhere i can cast a line in piece.

eagleone Level 2 July 11, 2018

I love it right where I am...the trees outnumber the people so it's perfect.

ProudMary Level 7 July 11, 2018

Any democratic country .....near as many natural elements as possible....yet still being near a metropolis of some kind--- for arts and culture.....geographically sound....as much as possible--- if hurricanes, floods, forest fires, mud slides, or earthquakes are common...no thanks.....and a temperate climate with all 4 seasons.....smile001.gif

archer5691 Level 6 July 11, 2018

On a boat, wandering the globe. About 40ft, sail and diesel power. With a little airplane on floats towed behind. Start out along the east side of South America. Cross to Africa, then Europe, the Med, Sues canal. Play around the Pacific

AviatorJim Level 5 July 11, 2018

I use to think somewhere peaceful with an ocean nearby. But why stop with that limit. Why not think outside the box & say something like.... wanting to live in & out of multiple realities or between parallel dimensions; to see the best of both. Why not live outside of- beyond the known dimensions of space & time; to be able to see, experience, & feel your life.

WeaZ Level 5 July 11, 2018

I’d stay right where I am.

But New Zealand, Italy and the UK would all do as well.
Probably Wellington, Florence and London.

Ella Level 6 July 11, 2018

When would be better for me than were. The where is right here as I have been moving to this place for 50 years, like a magnet, it keeps drawing me back. Guess it must be as close to the right place for me as I will get.

Rugglesby Level 8 July 11, 2018

I need to travel some more before I can choose.

RandyMoose Level 7 July 11, 2018

I've lived in a lot of places, but all within the US. I like where I'm at now, compared to where I've been, but there are a few places I'd like to visit and see if I would rather live there. I'd start with Melbourne, Australia and some places along the northern coast of the Mediterranean, if I could afford to travel there, let alone relocate.

Niemand Level 3 July 11, 2018

Australia is one of my dream places to live. Almost did it about 6 years ago...

Definately another planet inhabitated by beautiful women who have no mental issues and can fix my mental issues aswell ........you did say it could be not real lol

Simon1 Level 7 July 11, 2018
Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!