40 2

If you could live ANYWHERE....

If you could live ANYWHERE, where would you live? And why?

By Sirena
Options Favorite Like

40 comments

Australia. Ever since I saw my first Koala as a .

MaverickXL Level 3 July 11, 2018

I almost made this move...

On a boat, wandering the globe. About 40ft, sail and diesel power. With a little airplane on floats towed behind. Start out along the east side of South America. Cross to Africa, then Europe, the Med, Sues canal. Play around the Pacific

AviatorJim Level 6 July 11, 2018

Either where I'm living now, in Songkhla, Thailand, or in Sydney Australia, because I LOVE it there.

By the way, this website has a bit of a learning curve.

If you answer the profile questions and write your profile, listing your hobbies and interests, you'll earn website points, and members can get to know you.
Commenting on posts and writing your own earns more points. At level two you can private message people, and at level eight you get an agnostic T-shirt.

The website uses profile algorithms to find member matches, so the more details one includes, the better the match.

Many women prefer to see a written profile talking about interests, hobbies, and backgrounds that can be quickly perused to find compatible partners.

In case you didn't know yet, to find members near you, click on the "Browse" button at the top of the page, then on "Members," and enter your preferred search parameters.
Click on the "Discuss" button, then "Nearby" to find members near you also.
Or click on the "About" button at the top left of the page to find links to FAQ or the website tutorial.

birdingnut Level 8 July 11, 2018

Thank you!

Thanks!

Palawan, Philippines It is a beautiful island with friendly people. They would have fix their power shortage problem

Oldcurmudgeon Level 3 July 11, 2018

You can afford it. I assume it's your job stopping you and maybe a language barrier.

On a boat, the peace, serenity and expanse of openness is hugely appealing!

Nelly91 Level 3 July 11, 2018

Amsterdam. Lots of reasons!

SukiSue Level 8 July 11, 2018

Ditto!

I've lived my whole life in a desert. Now I am about to move to Northern Ireland. That's (hopefully) pretty much spot on for my "anywhere". smile001.gif

Rhetoric Level 7 July 11, 2018

That's exciting!

I live in a swamp. I would love a desert.

I would stay where I am but be in a different income bracket.

Ellatynemouth Level 8 July 11, 2018

Right there! because from there I can go visit all the other places. No mortgage, no living out of suitcases, no neighbors, guest quarters, 5 dogs, willing women visit and are soon topless on the deck, favorite foods and drinks, safety security, equity, hilltop and soon to be very valuable beachfront property if the oceans keep rising. Also I built it.

Anonbene Level 7 July 11, 2018

I’d stay right where I am.

But New Zealand, Italy and the UK would all do as well.
Probably Wellington, Florence and London.

Ella Level 7 July 11, 2018

I need to travel some more before I can choose.

RandyMoose Level 7 July 11, 2018

Definately another planet inhabitated by beautiful women who have no mental issues and can fix my mental issues aswell ........you did say it could be not real lol

Simon1 Level 7 July 11, 2018

Probably Japan, Kanagawa prefecture. I have family there. The culture isn't perfect, but where is it ever? City infrastructure and public transportation is something to behold. The food is amazing. I would miss the selection of beer here in the Pacific Northwest though. And Seahawks games.

recluse Level 4 July 11, 2018

On my bucket list to visit. I thought of making the move in my 20's... I'd rather tour it now

Seattle seems like it would be amazing, but I actually love living in San Antonio. Austin might be perfect for me, or maybe San Diego. Did somebody say Hawaii? That sounds like a blast! Thailand. Definitely Thailand. The food.... Speaking of food, I might go for Italy or France.

FutureFicus Level 5 July 11, 2018

Me too!

I lived in Washington for a few years. I love the two opposite topographies - green forest on one side, desert on the other. And the opposite demographics - country people everywhere and Kurt Cobain types in the city.

Are we restricted to real places? If so, and excluding the answer 'anywhere but the South,' I'd say somewhere in northern California or southern Oregon. And not just for the legal marijuana. Most of the few friends I have are on the west coast, the proximity to progressive civilization and people, relative to the toxically traditionalist environment in North Carolina and the south in general, is immensely attractive.

If we're not restricting to reality, then...I'm going to be a huge geek and say Arkham, Massachusetts, for access to the libraries at Miskatonic University. I might go crazy or get killed by fish-people, but such is the price of cosmic understanding.

geist171 Level 6 July 11, 2018

Northern CA or southern OR are great...as long as you stay west of I-5

Italy. It has Florence, Rome, and climate.

maturin1919 Level 7 July 11, 2018

I would live in Munich. Acceptable government and Octoberfest.

Heathen1997 Level 5 Sep 12, 2018

Portland, Oregon, or Boulder, Colorado. I want to be relatively close to nature and yet have access to a good transit system.

snytiger6 Level 8 July 11, 2018

I tend to fantasize about the Nordic countries because of their high levels of happiness (or really, contentment) and great social safety nets. Although I'm half Swedish, for some reason Norway appeals most to me. On the other hand they are too close for comfort to the USSR and I'd have to learn a relatively alien new language to thrive there, so sometimes I think more in terms of New Zealand. More progressive overall than Australia, speaks English, wants IT people like myself (although would prefer them younger). Or maybe Canada, for the same reasons, and proximity.

At the end of the day though I'm too old and not vulnerable enough (I'm a heterosexual male WASP after all) to make shaking the dust of the US off my feet that great of a strategy, in a purely pragmatic sense. I half half a mind to ship my daughter and grandchildren off someplace like that as a final act of mercy though.

mordant Level 8 July 11, 2018

Norwegian is a fairly simple language it just takes a lot of practice because words that sound the exact same to us have completely different meanings to them. Also they have relatively no problem being near Russia.

@Heathen1997 Yeah except for Russians parachuting into Svalbard uninvited for military exercises. I agree though, I'd be more worried about living in Finland in that regard, than Norway. Especially with Russia gaslighting Finland with propaganda lately. And they've physically invaded Finland before.

Off-world, you did say anywhere.

Mark013 Level 6 July 11, 2018

I sure did!

Seattle, I love the rain. Gray overcast sky, I love it. I'm not trying to be a downer, I just truly hate being sunburnt. My people are all Irish, I never tan. The moe sun I get the more I look like a beet. I spend the whole summer here running from one shady patch to another. So a place where the sun rarely shines sounds lovely.

Nurse-Quantros Level 7 July 11, 2018

Practical. I haven't been to Seattle, but I've always wanted to

Oh yes I agree. Biggest culture shock for me coming to Victoria in Oz from UK is it hardly ever rains. I miss rainy Saturday afternoons and proper football!

I would like to live near the ocean, where I can listen to the sound of the waves crashing on the shore,a nice sea breeze and somewhere i can cast a line in piece.

eagleone Level 5 July 11, 2018

I use to think somewhere peaceful with an ocean nearby. But why stop with that limit. Why not think outside the box & say something like.... wanting to live in & out of multiple realities or between parallel dimensions; to see the best of both. Why not live outside of- beyond the known dimensions of space & time; to be able to see, experience, & feel your life.

WeaZ Level 7 July 11, 2018

Missoula, Montana in the warm months, and TX hill country in the winter

JustKip Level 7 July 11, 2018

New Zealand. Epic view. Less people

Godlessheratic Level 3 July 11, 2018

Too many sand fleas! Amsterdam!

Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.comis the largest non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!