21 1

How do you heal?

How important do you feel healing yourself is before trying to heal others?

By Gmctahoe
Options Favorite Like

21 comments

You can't heal others. And you never heal, you just learn to let it be.

MissKathleen Level 7 July 13, 2018

Like a knife that cuts you the wound heals
But that scar remaaaaaains

GIjeff04 Level 3 July 13, 2018

Self-care is essential before you can care for anybody else. It is sometimes possible for two people to heal each other at the same time.

irascible Level 8 July 13, 2018

It's very important. I think taking care of our own mental and emotional health should be a priority. Especially if we value helping others, or if we work in a helping field. Every mental health professional has a variety of tools for self care, most are created and designed for those who help others.

Stacey48 Level 8 July 13, 2018

I've given up on feeling better & just try to focus on being a good person by helping others to the extent that I can. I am still able to help some people & as far as I know have not made things worse for anyone.

Carin Level 6 July 13, 2018

Slowly....like any injury it takes time for the scar tissue to close the puncture. With time it's closes up, the tenderness is gone but visually it's a reminder of the trauma.
More time passes and it becomes something you remember without real physical/mental pain. You visit it like a spectator watching a video, somewhat detached but aware.
*traumatic pain...physical or emotional can reach a management level if you don't feed it.

My personal experience when i make short visits to my historic past ie...something reminds me or see that person again, I recommit myself to the facts!

1. I did the best I could at the time this happened
    1. I am not responsible for the bad behavior of others...
    2. Everyday is a gift
Shazbott68 Level 5 July 12, 2018

If you waited until you healed yourself nothing would ever get down. It also depends what is meant by healing. Feeling better about yourself, that's a good one. Dispelling all your neuroses, not going to happen

Geoffrey51 Level 7 July 12, 2018

If you don't take care of yourself first you can't take care of others. It's an interchange of energy and you can become drained. You may not even realize what is lacking in yourself because of such drains

Gmctahoe Level 3 July 12, 2018

Road trip with my dogs
More me time, less social time
Volunteer more

Bryan Level 4 July 12, 2018

Lots and lots of compassion for myself and self-care. I can't give to others what I don't have.

bleurowz Level 7 July 11, 2018

That is so true!

I heal slowly apparently haha. I keep my kids on my radar always and have been picking up my pieces.

Phillydrl Level 6 July 11, 2018

Depends on how bad you're suffering.

OlderMusicGeek Level 7 July 11, 2018

We're all walking open gashes. Sounds disgusting doesn't it? Lol

Piece2YourPuzzle Level 7 July 11, 2018

I heal others so I don’t have to deal with my own issues.

Marcie1974 Level 7 July 11, 2018

I think it's a constant process and we help each other at all times. Just keep on working on it and you will progess. Things will hurt less. One day, maybe you'll forget that they ever caused pain at all.
It's what empathy is all about.

Donotbelieve Level 8 July 11, 2018

Sometimes healing others helps you healing you. And other times... you simply can't help others process.

GipsyOfNewSpain Level 8 July 11, 2018

Heal in public...don't hide your success or failures. Try to be a light...but understand sometimes there is darkness.

MissaDixon Level 6 July 11, 2018

I live alone and think that speaks for itself.

jlynn37 Level 8 July 11, 2018

I can heal, roll over, and play dead. I still don't fetch well, but l am working on it.

Sticks48 Level 8 July 11, 2018

Can you be a little more concise as to the type of healing your referring to?

Clare Level 7 July 11, 2018

I heal myself, my domestic animals and my immediate family
I don’t heal ANYONE outside mentioned network, because just like few hundreds of years ago I can face something similar to guillotina or inquisition for doing that.

Morganfreeman Level 7 July 11, 2018
Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!