Agnostic.com

4 3

An article about how the US got to where it is now ... a military empire waging endless and counterproductive wars. But boy, they sure are profitable for some. This is why we can't have nice things like modern infrastructure, health care, or education. [original.antiwar.com]

Druvius 8 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

halfway through will come back to it. good article

To quote a Grand Funk song: "There's money in them war machines, now, ain't that a bitch?"

godef Level 7 Jan 5, 2018

The definition of a super power is the ability to wage a campaign of sustained violence outside its borders. I still think people fantasize that it could be anything else but the truth. Freedom is the boundaries.

All modern empires a funded by the world banks. They owe trillions to them. Banks and corporations rule on the basic concept of debt. It created the pyramid of control they wanted, and got.

Power and greed will rule till we decide to overthrow it. How? Not a clue. The Occupy Wall Street movement had a hint of it.

OWS became occupied. It lost its relevance and momentum when it became a violent movement. Its a strategy the establishment can always count on when it fears the people as they band together to voice against their actions, or lack of. Once they mange to install the violence they can send in their oppressors, law enforcement, in this case. Sometime we even help their cause ourselves when an opposing groups like antifa engage themselves into peaceful protest under the guise of opposing protest of the fascist groups. You can't have a peaceful protest these days it seems without 1 or more groups providing a reason for law enforcement to also add violence to them.

How? I would argue, separate yourself from the 2 party system. Voting within only keeps the illusion of managed perception going. After Obama I swore I'd never vote for either again. Then came Sanders. Then came the his betrayal. Back to never again. Long live the Green Party. Peace People Planet.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12867
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.