Agnostic.com

11 5

We cannot, of course, disprove God, just as we can't disprove Thor, fairies, leprechauns and the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Richard Dawkins

I would worship Thor.... js 😛

Knitfreak 7 Jan 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am Thor!!! haha.

You know why Christians don't like Thor? It's not because he's a competing god, it's because Thor has a hammer and their god got nailed to a piece of wood.

You can prove any deity from any religion by logically analyzing the qualities that are attributed with that deity that supposedly proves their divinity. The qualities that prove their supposed to divinity will contradict themselves or other aspects of the religious belief or doctrine will contradict those qualities, therefore disproving the deity.

Disprove*

Magical Mystery Tour on steroids. LOL.

Brevity is the soul of wit

For me, I have no need to disprove the existence of someone's favored deity. It would be like telling a child there is no Santa Clause. Getting into the movie "Miracle on 34th Street" and letting my friends go on about their beliefs is just part of the cultural fluff I enjoy. Perhaps it is better theists consult their imaginary friend when life throws them a curve than to come to grips with bad choices, bad luck and the reality of just being a peculiar ape of limited importance.

One can neither prove nor disprove the existence of "a god." However, when a specific god is claimed--that may be a different story. One only has to read the Bible, for instance, to realize that the god described inside its pages cannot exist--too many contradictions.

Gods cannot be disproved but Atheists tend to be too meek. One can certainly disprove attributes of gods. For example an eternal god, eternal heaven or hell is disproved by the Second law of thermodynamics. Omnipotence can be simply disproved by logic - ie could a god create a stone that is too heavy for it to lift.

I worship the sun as it gives me life

My Ramen and Meatball Good gawd exists obviously Flying every time monster Italian kids start food fights All HAIL HIS NOODLELY MAJESTY

I worship Deanna Troi Star Trek Ship Counselor

This assumes alleged deities are to be disproved whIle believers ARE NOT HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR alleged gawd gott gods gibberish claims. ...mere capitalized sounds do not equal defined extant objects. ..I remember the movie ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING where the 9 year old girl worships Thor wears his helmet and carries his hammer AND FINDS A BLONDE CAR REPAIRMAN who resembles her comic book Thor. .....he encourages the little girl like a department store Santa plays along with kids for xmas

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12917
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.