Agnostic.com

27 10

How genuine is your smile?

I often wonder if people realize that some smiles really look forced. Have you ever seen someone angry smiling? It's almost frightening.

Do you smile even when you don't feel like smiling?

Stacey48 8 July 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wouldn't say my smile is forced or fake, it's a defense mechanism. I can't even stop myself from smiling as soon as someone approaches.

It's gotten me in trouble, actually, a lot. My family accuse me of not taking things seriously, my coworkers accuse me of lying when I say I feel like I'm dying I need to go home but I'm smiling and kinda laughing.

I tell people watch my eyes not my smile.

@LadyAlyxandrea As a child, I couldnt frown. So I would smile as I cried. Sounds silly, but my dad would beat me more for not taking him seriously. I learned not to make a face eventually. It helped during basic military training, but screw my dad for doing that.

@RandyMoose that's fucked up. I'm sorry your dad did that

@LadyAlyxandrea thanks, he got what was coming to him.

My smile is dead and buried since 2001.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:129930
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.