Agnostic.com

4 1

How do you define it?

I come home from work. I pour myself a beer. I sit on my sofa. All around me is silence. But, everyone gets to determine for themselves if that's loneliness or freedom.

Duke 8 Jan 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It would depend on the day. I live alone and I like it that way, but if I am alone for long periods I can begin to feel isolated and lonely.

My aim is for balance.

When I was working, my jobs were quite public, and my house was my sanctuary and haven. it still is, but now if I don't interact with people after a while, I crave interaction as much as I once craved sanctuary.

Donna Level 6 Jan 7, 2018

I have two boys; 6 & 7...silence is trouble. LOL. But when they are with their dad, silence is music to my ears 🙂

I see freedom as the ability to choose. If I choose to sit alone in silence, that is indeed freedom. When the loneliness overwhelms ones desire to sit alone in silence, it doesn't cease to be freedom, because it's your mind's choice to enact it's desire.

Gohan Level 7 Jan 6, 2018

@Gohan Exactly. Perception is reality.

Both!

@Hope4Zoe <3

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13061
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.