Agnostic.com

3 2

QUESTION First Israel deported a convert from Kenya. Now Birthright might cancel an entire trip for African Jews - Israel News - Haaretz.com

Actually Israel has a racist and unjewish idea of who is a jew, that they do not consider African Jews real Jews even if they have a conversion recognised by a religious group like the Conservative denomination, which is very religiously serious and legitimate.

Humanlove 7 Jan 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Does this racism also apply to Ethiopian Jews who maybe descended from jews that emigrated there more than a millennium ago and are black? I had heard that they were not well received before by conservative jews from America.

If Israel was that opposed to Ethiopian Jews, why would it pay for and plan their evacuation during the famine? I was their in 95 and met people who helped them assimilate. Not an easy task as many had never even seen a toilet before. Yes I have met a couple of racist Jews but then I have met racists from other cultures too.

@273kelvin , I have know a few jewish people believes and not I can say with confidence that none were racially prejudice however virtually all of them were also, anti-Israel or at least against the behaviour of that nation. I am trying to rap my head around why this is happening because it makes very little sense to me yet it is happening.

@HeathenFarmer My ex and consequently my daughter are Jewish and I have several Jewish friends. It tends to be very polarized. Most that I know support Israel. I once heard a Jewish historian say that a Jew that was not a Zionist was an idiot. Given their history, he has a point. The problem is that for several decades, they have been at war and that promotes a hawkish view. Imagine what the US reaction would be if rockets were regularly being fired into Texas from Mexico. What does not help either is words like "genocide" etc. If you look at the region you will see oppression and atrocities all over. Yet Israel with a population comprised of over 20% Arab all with full citizen rights gets all the stick. FFS a robot has more rights in Saudi that a woman.

@273kelvin , I don't buy into the what about argument. When a nation allows citizens to seize other people land for settlements why would rockets raining down on them come as a surprise?

@HeathenFarmer Mexico, Texas remember the Alamo? Yes the initial start of Israel invoked land seizures but all those new settlements re west bank (which I and many Israelis don`t agree with) were bought on the open market.

@273kelvin < evidence, please. There expansion certainly were not. Settlers use gangster tactics to force sale of property repeatedly and its really handy to have the army to come along and bulldoze property that you would like to buy.

@HeathenFarmer evidence, please

@273kelvin , ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Here is but one story of one village; and let me guess your answer ahead of time: "Fact News Right!" [carbonated.tv]

The rumor is Jewish people reject black human beings.

It's not a roumer, it's reality.

@0752532706 , Not all of them but not all jews like Israel either. Years ago I knew a goldsmith that had survived the Holocaust lost all of his family but I older sister who made it to Britain he used to refer to the Israelis as Zionist Nazis.

it's a fact.

Is not that statement racist in of itself?

@0752532706 Try being gay in any other country of that region

@273kelvin , or black or native in the US, please stop the "what about argument" it is a propaganda argument not a logical or evidentiary one.

Israel is in danger of becoming a racist state seeking ethnic purity -- and a state characterized by aggressive nationalism.

The oppressed become the oppressor.

@HeathenFarmer Intelligent leadership in a country would break the cycle.

@wordywalt , Keeping the country at a constant state of readiness for war precludes the chance of that happening.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13104
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.