Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK Setting up a Pet Trust: who cares for your pet after you are gone?

A lot of people love their pets as much as they love their kids and some even love their pets more than their kids. An estimated 1 million pets are named as the primary beneficiary in pet owners wills in the US of A.

Surfpirate 9 July 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One of the perks of getting an animal from a breeder of the highest ethic is that should anything happen to you your beloved pet will have a safety net. A breeder worth their salt has "right of first refusal" in their contracts & take their dogs back no questions asked. There are microchips involved... (should a family member "dump" your pet hopefully shelter/rescue is ethical & of means to thoroughly scan for a chip, many don't, they just flip your animal)
If something happens to me tomorrow my boy will be in great hands, be rehomed with extensive screening, but likely would go to his sister's owner, who's a dear friend of mine.

Qualia Level 8 July 15, 2018

I want my pets buried alive with me in my grave, so they can accompany me in the afterlife!

Pete66 Level 6 July 15, 2018

Well at least they will have something to eat. 😀

@Surfpirate hmmm you're right! Cremation maybe? They can accompany me on my funeral pyre/viking ship (whichever option my funds will support!

@Pete66 5 gallons of gas, an old refrigerator box and a match, sounds pretty affordable to me.

@Surfpirate not classy enough though! 😉

@Pete66 What do you care, you'll be fucking dead. 😀

@Surfpirate have to keep up standards no matter what, old chap!

There are people who have it stated that their pets are to be PTS should they die first.
For years I didn't understand this logic AT ALL. THEN a neighbor friend's mother was run over & killed while walking her sheltie, the sheltie lived. Well the family was HORRIBLE to her dog! They finally dumped it in a shelter.

E.g. There is a famous doberman from the 60s that was PTS after his owner died. It sickened me hearing the story that anyone would do that, but after what I saw happen to that poor sheltie at the hands of people the woman loved & trusted, I understood why. So the dog was never to fall into the hands of someone who would mistreat it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:131308
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.