Agnostic.com

12 4

Do you ever lose an entire day? This is just a general commentary. Today I woke up and utterly forgot what day it was. I was about to wake my 9 year old son up to get him ready for school. As I was walking around his room like a zombie picking out something warm and coordinating, in a trance, it dawned on me only minutes before I woke him, "Woman! Today is Saturday!
You wake that kid on a Saturday at 6:45am and that boy is going to plot your death!" How do we get so caught up in our lives that we can lose entire days? The holidays really turned his school schedule upside down, but to have my poor kid waiting out front in the freezing cold for his bus that would Never show... now That is an uber snafu! lol

Sadoi 7 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love it when I wake up and can't remember what day it is - and then after a few minutes I realise it's my day off so I can go back to sleep ~🙂

Jnei Level 8 Jan 12, 2018

Yes! That is the Only saving grace in losing days! Lol

Oh yeah been there done that. the worse... ever? holiday or sunday... wake up on twilight from a nap got up and drove to work to realize it was P.M. not A.M. 8:00 pm not 8: am. Never told everyone I think, of course I did, I like to make fun of myself and to share my fun. In my life I have no idea where some days went.

Being retired due to disability I forget what day it is all the time. At least I don't try to check the mail on a Sunday like my son does.

hah! I am Notorious for checking the mail on Sundays! Funny thing is, many times I find the mail in here from days earlier that i NEVER checked on! Its like a nice surprise to the stupidity that landed me AT the mailbox on Sunday Morning! lol!!

At least you caught it ahead of time. When I was a young kid, I was in a community Wizard of Oz play, the Cowardly Lion. My mom got me up and took me to the theatre on the wrong day. What's worse, she was a day behind rather than a day ahead, so I totally missed the play. Later found out they had to grab somebody from the audience to read my lines. lol.

I remember more now. I would have been 7, because it was right after my parents separated. Kinda worked out for me, because I actually hadn't learned my lines and would have embarrassed myself on stage. lol.

Bwaaahaaahaha!! Okay, that made me laugh out loud, hysterically!!! Well, yeah, instead of you having to embarrass yourself on stage, some poor sap from the audience got the burn instead! haha! Good Job Mom! Pass that buck on to another victim of some teachers vision for an Elementary school play! Did you high-5 your mom afterwards? When i was 12, I was deathly shy and that year, all the honours kids had to take this NEW class called Shakespeare. Needless to say, the end result was a Play! We had to do A Midsummer Nights Dream. I was hoping to get a role as a Lesser Fairy, but nooo... in Jr High, I looked like a young Asian Boy from the side, from behind... so guess who I was cast as? PUCK!! Yeah! PUCK! One of the Main dudes! A main Fairy Dude, no less. I looked like a vulcan in school too because once i hit 12, I got the traditional Moe/Bowl Haircut and the teacher thought it make me even More Pixie like. I was hooooorrifiiiied!! I puked each night before the play began because not only did i have lines all the damn time, BUT I HAD TO BE ANIMATED TOO! I had to walk around like a drunken character from A Clockwork Orange during some scenes. Sadly I can still remember a few lines: "how now fairy whither wander you?" Yeah. I was Not too pleased! Every time i was forced out on the stage, i was on autopilot. I thought i would black ooout! I was just... That Shy! hah

@Sadoi Haha. I love the way you tell this. You should start a new thread with this one, "What's your most embarassing moment." Thanks for the laughs (Yes, there were several). 🙂

@BackToReality haha makes me happy i could make you laugh! I LOVE to laugh! I laugh more than I do anything else. When i want to shoot myself in the face, I make a joke. When I want to shoot someone else in the face, i make a SARCASTIC joke. When im in horrific pain, I make fun of my pain and myself. hah! When my heart is broken, i poke it and laugh about how badly i wish i could die. haha! Overall, I LAUGH. Heartily!

@BackToReality PS I am told, quite often, that in person I am hiiilariious! I am pretty snide and funny, i must say, and I never toot my own horn. I am quite modest so if i Do make a Personal Claim, that is because it is pretty darn true

@Sadoi I think somebody here should investigate these claims and report back

@BackToReality just keep an eye on me. You will see. Yoou will seee lol

yes this new years day big time

Yeah, New Years threw me for a loop too! I never drink and my friends tried to coax me into boozing up. I drank a little and regretted it the morning after, when I woke up sitting in the front seat of my car wearing headphones and listening to music. I have No Idea why I got into my car other than my lamenting about how I wanted to sleep in my own bed, but that I now had to wait to sober up so in the meantime "im goin' ta ma car to freeze my ass off and listen to my music Alooone" and pout over this. When I woke up, I was confused, had no idea what day it was and no clue why i was sleeping on my steering wheel!

wow, you get busted hear drunk in your car driving or not if you have the keys. I don't drink at all as I used to have a drinking problem and still had seemingly a day added to new years day.

I was recently sick and lost track of the days. Also, I find that some days feel like a certain day of the week, for me it's usually Friday, Saturday, or Sunday feeling like Saturday or Sunday. 😛

YES!! Thursday is actually my curse day! Thursday is typically the day that throws me off track. I get confused. I am Esp confused when I am working overnight shifts or on rotation at the hospital. Whenever that happens to me, which is frequently since I often work 2nd and 3rd shift, I am totally doomed! I go in to work weds at 10p. I get out thurs at 10am. ...okay Ari... is it freakin weds or is it thurs? When i walked in to work it was Weds and now that I am out, my mind is still in weds. That aids me in losing days Faast! ANd yes, being ill can be double dog bad for me too!

@DangerDave hahahaaa!

my alarm went off at 6am this morning, I got ready for work, only noticed it was Saturday as I placed my hand on my car door and thought, I don't work Saturdays. These things only happen to me when my routine has been messed up, the holidays did that to me, that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it!

Dav87 Level 6 Jan 6, 2018

Haahaaa! Okay, you made me feel much less alone after having read your response! I laughed soo hard! I am glad to know I am not the only one!! I opted to leave out what I did BEFORE i began hunting outfits in my sons room. I actually went outside and quickly shoveled the path from the front door to the driveway and down toward the bus stop. I Froze My Ass Off FIRST... theeen I went to deal with the waking of my son. Yeah. I hate snow and winter so that is the big kicker. The part of my day I dread The Most is when I First have to go outside after having been resting in a warm bed. Everything else after that initial freezing shock, I am cool with, but the kicker for me was that this was one of the days I could have been spared that horrible experience, yet I totally got confused, yet again, and lost a great "Sleep in" in my warm bed! Arg! Live and Learn I suppose! 😉

@sadoi words cannot express how sorry I feel for you. That must have been a very painful realisation! I probably would have gone back to bed and refused to get back out for the rest of the day. The only story I've got that could possibly make you feel better is that a couple of weeks ago I was woken by a neighbour telling me that my car alarm was going off, so there I am outside in -3C dazed and confused only in boxers, the alarm finally stops, back to bed, 2 minutes later the alarm is going off and won't stop. So as not disturb my neighbours further I get in my car (still only in boxers) alarm mysteriously stops but I drive a mile down the road so no houses are nearby, I lock my car (I'm now stood outside with virtually no clothing, even bare feet) for five minutes, NO ALARMS! so I go home, sleep, go to work and whilst at work get a call from one of my other neighbours apologising for his car alarm going off. that's right, in my dazed state and trusting my neighbour I was running around in my boxers, seen by my whole street in minus 3 at 3am. I'm so glad I wasn't stopped by police that night! Everyone's having a good giggle to this day about it.

@Dav87 oh my looord! you just killed me with that story!! i am STILL curled up laughing like a hyena! (As i type this from My BED! you were close in what you suspected I should do in return. That is correct. I sat in bed most of the day, off and on. 😉 Perceptive suggestion) Oh myy god... lmao!!!!!! Oh i wasnt really that offended nor upset by it. Could be worse. I could be one of those poor dudes that has to work outside in the snow all day. right? lol

@Sadoi I do like to make people laugh, even if it is at my expense. I've got plenty of stories like that one! I'm so glad that you preempted my suggestion and had a cosy warm day. It rarely snows where I am (it's just as well, as more than a quarter of an inch of the stuff and everything grinds to a halt. ) but I helped a friend move house in Vancouver in winter and it's not fun, you're quite right! Stay warm and have a great day!

I know this feeling well... I've gone to just counting number of days and knowing i go back to work on this number and start at 1 and i'm off after this number

haha! yeah see, i think i could accomplish this too if i simply choose to adhere to the Numbers contained on this thing I own called a "Calander!" Haa!! IF i start to Look At that thing every time I walk past it, some of this could possibly be avoided? I mean, what more do I need at this point? lol

LoL I Love My Set Schedule Hey You Work 2 You're Off 2 Work 3 Off 2 Work 2 Off 3 Who Needs A Calendar. Wtf phone with capping every word...

@Myranta and all this time, i thought you were merely capping for emphasis! haha! I waas like, "Wow! He really wants me to understand the power behind Each and Every Single word!" hahaha! i love it!

Hmmm I'm changing my story.. it was all for emphasis! XD. @admin where them emojis? <.< >.>

I lost a year or two here and there, so don't worry about a day !

A year or two, eh? Hmm not too bad though. I can always say I am younger than I am...? Actually, i look pretty darn young for my age so I proudly announce that stuff! 😉

It happens when I overwork myself for days.

Same here, my friend! Same here!

I had a similar experience Thursday. I walked into the PIEMS office to sign my proof sheets and they told me that I could bring them back the following morning. I responded by saying, “it’s going to be Saturday. You must mean Monday!” They looked at me like I was insane. Sigh.

lol

LMAO!! See! You seem to be getting tripped up by Thursday too! I swear, Thursdays are The Devil! I always think either it is Friday on Thurs or I think it is Weds. I cannot figure this out! And IF i allow myself to get into the mindset that Thurs is Friday, I will then believe Friday is Sat and before you know it, Im loading my 9 year old son up to catch a phantom bus that shall never arrive! If there Were people to look at me like I was insane, that would have brought this entire matter full circle! lol

I have an 11 treat old daughter and I do the same thing with her. The only saving grac I hav is that my brother takes her to school and picks her up. Sigh. Old age.

@Gatovicolo Glad to know i am not alone! haha

Being retired I often lose what day it is. Completely blew at therapy appointment 2 weeks ago.

haha! yeah the other day I was sitting around casually lolligagging and chatting with a friend about my newest yoga class undertakings. As im sitting there telling him all about it, it dawned on that Class was That Day and that it was already 45 mins in and here I was, sitting in a stupid cafe Talking About a class I had Just unintentionally ditched! When i realized what I had done, I jumped up out of my chair, jerked around awkwardly as though I was receiving invisible shock treatments (i am quite the animated little thing in person haha) then smacked myself in the forehead all melodramatic like and screamed out, "Noooooooo!!" in the middle of the room. By the time I realized how over the top I was acting, there were people staring at me and my friend was cracking up laughing. I am known for my lovely, overacting whenever I realize I have done something stuuuuupid! After the fact, i am always a bit embarrassed that I became overly consumed by my emotions and acted out those emotions in a physical thrashing! My friends once told me I reminded them, body language wise, of Meg Ryans character in "French Kiss" but not her obsessive tendancies. Just her jerking, body movements and her over the top physical actions when upset. hah! Yeah. It happens. I go a little nuts whenever it does, but... what can ya do? You'd think with my tight schedule, I wouldnt fall prey to such things, but, alas, I Doooo!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13141
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.