Agnostic.com

13 3

The most beautiful building in the world

May I have your vote for the most beautiful building in the world? It doesn't necessarily have to be an edifice that's currently in existence. I'll refrain from giving my vote for the time being, so as not to influence anyone or rain on anyone's parade.

RobLawrence 7 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Doolittle House in Joshua Tree Califorinia does it for me : [google.com]

No issue of "get off my lawn" EVER there. A hermit's paradise LOL

@RobLawrence the story of how it came to be is also an interesting read. Someone working for FB bought it IIRC.

Almost any Denny’s. Especially if I’m on.the road and it’s time to eat. Beautiful sight.

@RobLawrence They were great. Every now and then we’d pass under the one in Chicago, stretching over the freeway, and had to stop. Tradition.

Wat Rong Khun, Thailand

@RobLawrence right? I visited it when I was in Thailand almost 2 decades ago....in person, it is breath-taking

Notre-Dame (Paris, not Reims)

This really made me nostalgic for my art history notes. Once I finish my masters, I would love to teach art history.

I've always had a thing for the Chrysler Building with it's tiered triangular crown-like windows at its peak - especially at night.

@RobLawrence I was about to post this, because that's my favorite, too.

My favorite

the sistine chapel ceiling comes to mind. yes it is a religious painting but the place, and painting are very beautiful.

I was just looking at images of the Sistine Chapel, and it was sensory overload for me. I was trying to remember one chapel from art history that had the dome with the trompe l'oeil of heaven and the layers of angels.

Pretty much anything by Tadao Ando. Try the-gasp-church of light as an example. Stunning in its simplicity and power.

Yes, I recognize my preference for austere is uncommon. Works for me.

Neusschwanstein castle Ludwig ll Germany.

Love this one...but it's only one of a long and distinguished list of favourites...

@Stacey48

You can have it back after this post. Just borrowing it for a while..?

@RobLawrence

That's because it's magical.

Fallingwater

PDF Level 5 July 17, 2018

Just about anything by Frank Lloyd Wright.

Agreed.

@RobLawrence Very much.

sedlec ossuary not beautiful but striking

weeman Level 7 July 17, 2018

been on my bucket list since Jan Svankmajer's short on it. ❤ I've looked, can't find the original, but well worth seeking out as are all of Svankmajer's works. (Quay Brothers also)

Where ever I call home.

Very interested to see the answers you get!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:133198
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.