Agnostic.com

15 10

Trump's "fake news" is total bullshit. Main stream media is not going to risk their FCC license just to tell stories about him, considering Trump appointed the chairman in Jan. of last year. They not going to try anything, knowing this guy is just waiting for any excuse to yank their license or fine the shit out of them. The man is a total fraud, and a walking disease on humanity. At least that is my opinion anyway.

MikeFlora 7 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"A walking disease on humanity". That's genius. Thanks for giving me a nice label to quote later on for Trump. It might be mentioned in the media!

Here's another I like,
The ridiculous fool and his merry band of idiots

Fox news tells stories all the time.

I happen to agree you summed it up nicely.

you should read history. news agencies have always reported lies and omissions especially in times of war [ which the states always seem to be in ]

I replied: I agree. A good convincing quote.

Totally with you!

Fuckn aye.! I'm totally disgusted with what I have witnessed in the past year or so. Total dysfunction in the presidency. It's embarrassing as a citizen.

Of course it is -- he is using what has been perfected by mostly right-wing media and alt-right media for the last almost two decades: a rhetoric technique which is all about argument winning and not concerned with truth or any relation to reality at all. It does not matter if he is confronted with the reviewed scientific article of a nobel laureate, he can still call it "fake news". If he does not like the question he can just say "that is not the question" and ramble on about something completely different, preferably the weakness or the losing experienced by an opponent. Interestingly those techniques are almost identical to the techniques used in religions and cults to distract from the logical and rational fallacies, only that there the distraction is often done by endless references to "love" and "god is loving you" etc.
It is frightening how well this works and how it works with apparently millions of people in the US.

My problem here is Trump thinks we are dumb enough to believe mainstream is out to get him and will do anything to bring him down.

Crooked people always attack those who endeavor to expose them.

Trump isn't the problem, he's just the new puppet. Yea he's managed to do some terrible shit, but he's doing it for the same people those before him did it for.

Please go on. This is a conspiracy theory which I do not yet know in sufficient detail.

@josmi6699 that's cute. There it is, "conspiracy theory". When all else fails resort to a means of degradation and label another and or their opinion. Disappointing coming from someone, according to your profile, that should be quite more intellectual than myself to get such a blatant response of acting ignorant to a world wide aspect of world governing today. A man has to know his means. And you sir are obviously to intelligent for me to tangle with.

@William_Mary Yes, sounds very much like a conspiracy theory to me, the way how it does not make any distinctions, how it paints dark evil forces behind these men in power, no matter who they are or which party they are from. Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me the way how it tries to come up with a simplistic explanation for complex events.
But there is an easy way to prove me wrong: give some verifiable facts about the "same people" Trump and "those before him" are the puppets of.

Sounds good. Don't know what else to say. I've never seen anything like him except a little loud guy at a bar with his 4 big guys up against a wall waiting for his command.

What kind of evidence could make you change or abandon your hypothesis?

The trumpster actually telling the whole truth for a change. He's been caught in too much BS to be trustable to do so thought.

@AmyLF So the fact that Trump lies is evidence that the media doesn't?

Trump is not covered by the FCC or anything else he can say whatever he wants, the media is, and the FCC can and will yank any license from any broadcast that has been caught telling lies. You don't have to believe me look it up yourself. Google FCC

We were talking about what proof it would take to change or abandon my hypothesis. What I see directly from live broadcasts of him that make me feel how I do, not side articles and media bites. He lies. He always has. Anyone who watches or listens to him with a critical ear and eye would hear and see it despite what media commentators spew from either side of the political main party fence.

@MikeFlora anyone convicted for murder will face jail time or even death penalty. That does not prevent murder.

@hlfsousa That's just one person. How many people do you think would lose their job if CNN lost their license. Even if the FCC didn't yank their license and just got fined they would lose a lot of credibility. Ratings dropping will cost more than any fine. They lose their press pass they can't broadcast news they don't have. There is nothing to be gained by telling lies about Trump and everything to lose if they get caught.

Being that he settled a law suit for a fraudulent university, a few months before being elected POTUS, should have been a clue that he is a con man. That along with many other past incidents. Give him credit where credit is due. He has moved on to his biggest con of all, the entire country.

First, I am in Canada- here the same BS, maybe a different agenda. You are right on the mark with what Trump is doing- but the US being a large consumer nation, what happens there effects the whole world. He has had about four successful bankruptcies- but the big one is going to be the US economy. And just how does one have a "successful bankruptcy"? He cheated the investors and walked away with the profits under Chapter 11

I think you were trying to say, "fraudulent university degree". I have never read anything about this; but it is most likely. There have been parodies done on him and he talks in circles; loquaciously saying nothing. Apparently, he has never read anything, whether American, Mark Twain, or world-wide: Virginia Wolf, Ayn Rand... There is a total disconnect.(and yes, Rand died in US)

@Diogenes yah. He is a national embarrassment. He settled for 25 million due to his Trump University being found by the courts to be scamming students.

[washingtonpost.com]
Judge approves $25 million settlement in Trump University cases ...

@Rudy1962 Ya, I knew that university scam was just one of his many scams. There is a question about his own university degree, how can a person that couldn't pass a basic, elementary school, grammar exam, get a university degree. Obviously, he had someone write his papers, but how did he do his final exams?

@Diogenes maybe his father made a significant contribution to the University

@Rudy1962 Yep, probably!

and mine but all news is bias.

Can't disagree with you. From the outside looking in it seems your country is screwed.

We will be trying to sneak across your border soon...Help us.

@Rudy1962 , you don't need to sneak, you just need a passport and lots of money because you can't work without a work visa. Many Canadians have been working to get the US off the safe third country list, if we succeed you maybe able to claim refugee status, in which case you get a small living allowance until your status is confirmed by the courts, if it is you can work as any other landed immigrant can.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13363
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.