Agnostic.com

9 1

On the subject of giving/receiving marriage proposals, what is your ideal proposal?

Honestly, this was not a thought in my head months ago. It has, however, been an intermittent subject in my household.

Are you a classic romantic, a creative romantic, an artsy romantic, an adventurist romantic, a public-showy romantic or a private romantic when it comes to giving/receiving a proposal?

Personally, I like creativity. To me it shows there was thought put into decision. It is especially romantic when creativity is infused with mutual interest in subject matter interspersed with inside jokes.

Do you have an interesting proposal story to tell?

MyLiege 7 July 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A smile, hug, and a question. Location TBD

Classic romantic with a bit of creativity

I'm not a romantic. I'm a realist. I don't believe in "the one". I think it's a matter of self determination to loyalty and making compromises where appropriate. I also don't think I'll ever propose again because I don't think anyone will ever be interested in me again. But if it happens, maybe a little bit of that long dead romantic will come back and I'll get creative. I know how I want to do it, but I need the element of surprise. She will be mad at first, heartbroken for a minute even, but it will turn around fast. Very fast.

I wanna be proposed to at comic con

I tend toward the creative/specific in most gestures. Often I would tailor birthday/holiday packages to the interests & preferences of friends & significant others. When I proposed to my now ex-wife, it was modest but amusing. We were doing an overnight stay at a resort, & when she came out of the bathroom there was a box containing the ring on her pillow. When she opened it, I asked, "So, do you wanna go steady with me?" She started to laugh through her tears, and said "Yeah, I wanna go steady with you."

Hearing about someone else's proposal.

I want her to to propose by queefing the proposal via morse code, in an Applebee's.

I've just run the numbers for our income tax returns. It's time.

I am shocked how much of a surprise this is not these days. Couples seem to be picking out a ring together so the only surprise element is where, when and how.
I received my proposal in a parking lot of a local department store. I didn't know in advance so I was still over the moon.

I suppose it helps the person purchasing the ring/asking for hand in marriage to have partner help in choosing ring as it would take guessing the answer to popped question after purchasing the ring, out of the game.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:133773
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.