Agnostic.com

9 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do have to concede that she had worked some miracles:

• "Curing" the stomach cancer of Monica Besra, someone who was being medically treated for it.
  • Creating an image of herself as a great humanitarian.
  • An inverse bread-and-fish miracle: the disappearance of large amounts of money from the bank accounts of the Missionaries of Charity, her order of nuns.

Yet she is an Officially Recognized Saint, and that means that she ought to have worked some miracles.

• Did MT ever speak in several languages without having to learn them?
  • Did MT ever calm any storms?
  • Did MT ever miraculously fill an empty oil can with oil or recharge a dead battery?
  • Did MT ever miraculously desalinate seawater?
  • Did MT ever point out any monster-containing trees?
  • Did MT ever get a lost crucifix returned to her by a crab?
  • Did MT ever cure anyone's blindness?
  • Did MT ever strike blind anyone who stole from her?
  • Did MT ever cause an earthquake in a town whose citizens said nasty things about her?
  • Did MT ever miraculously create any big piles of bread and fish?
  • Did MT ever raise anyone from the dead?
  • Did MT ever cure anyone with magical spit therapy?
  • Did MT ever walk on water?
  • Did MT ever turn water into wine?
  • Did MT ever zap some Missionaries of Charity employee who kept too much for herself?
  • Did MT ever turn some sticks into snakes?
  • Did MT ever sic a pack of stray dogs on some kids who teased her about being a wrinkled old hag?
  • Did MT ever have a competition with some Hindu priests about whose god was better at making a rain of fire from on high?
    All of them are from miracles from the Bible, and miracles worked by St. Genevieve and St. Francis Xavier. Which ones can you recognize?

AND not actually using money to aide the poor and sick.

Yes a truly horrible person but this is not new news

weeman Level 7 July 19, 2018

Hitchens on the "Devil in a Blue Dress."

JacarC Level 8 July 18, 2018

She was evil personified, a horrible human being, completely devoid of empathy, a slave to the almighty dollar, and I almost wish there were a hell so she could burn in it for all the suffering she caused, increased, and extended.

I wish I found this more shocking. Even if she wasn't actively involved, she must have known about it.

Yes, the catholic hierarchy, some of her letters showed faith problems, also told here to keep the money flowing.

She was driven by her personal dogma and others were only a means to an end for her. I suspect she was not very bright and her fame only came because others wanted someone to admire and refused to see the true behavior of this person.

I was never all that impressed with her while she was alive. Since her death, revelations of her true conduct have left me hating her and glad she's dead.
Seems like she actually did more harm than good.
Fuck the catholics. Fuck ALL religions.

I concur! I read the book Hitchen wrote called The Missionary Position: Teresa in Theory and Practice.

Apparently ALL Christians are evil...

no not all. nobody is all of anything

Evil seems harsh. Misguided perhaps ? ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:134227
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.