Agnostic.com

104 6

Very first concert you attended?

Dew25 7 July 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

104 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I saw angel,humble pie and mothers finest in cleveland,1980.

My first concert, without my parents, was Cheap Trick in 1983. My memories had John Waite there as well, but looking it up I find it it was Aldo Nova and Danny Spanos. A friend had to explain to me what that "strange" smelling smoke was that hovered in the air all about. I was so sheltered.

[concerts.wikia.com]

1996 Edmonton AB
99 bands for $6, or $5 if you brought a vegan food donation for Food Not Bombs. It was a punk show at a small hall, I think it was called Parklands. I was 16. I was only able to go for a couple hours and missed most of the show.

The only band I really remember was a joke band called The Edmon-tones, which were a 2 peice xurf rock band with a guitar and the other member playing an assortment of cow bells, triangles, wood blocks, pails, etc.

First real band I remember ever seeing was probably The James T Kirks, a instrumental psychobilly band at the Ritz Diner. It was either them or Greenday, but they were so bad live they don't count anyway.

Loggins & Messina with Jim Croce warming up for them, a month before he died

lerlo Level 8 July 19, 2018

As a child: Jacksons reunion tour.
First REAL concert: Bon Jovi opened for Ratt
FIrst real fun concert: Metallica opened for Ozzy, right before Cliff died.

Rage Against the Machine, Evil Empire Tour, September 1997, Irvine, CA
I was 16 years old.

Uriah Heep in the early 70's.

America in early '73 on the Homecoming tour.

Woodstock!

With parents, I'm assuming?

well that would be the one to go to if you got the chance to go to any i think

@Deb57 Yup! Nine years old. I thought it was the biggest Indian Pow wow I had ever seen.

David Cassidy. I was 10.

Ignoring the christian rock bands, my first concert was Metallica in Alrlington, 2017. They are my favorite band and I’m really glad I saw them. There was so much energy and I became fast friends with those sitting near me. !m! Yeah !m!

Told my parents I was staying at my friends for the weekend... we drove from Winnipeg to Minneapolis to see New Order in 1987.They were so strung out, they could barely perform.

Foreigner '81 at The Forum.

I think that was the same tour I saw them on. ?

Billy Joel. I found my ticket stub a few weeks ago.

Rush, Grace Under Pressure tour.

Maynard Ferguson

I saw him in the 80s! Amazing! I even had one of his albums until I gave up my vinyl before moving to Germany. ?

You had good taste

@Mitch07102 you don't know the half of it. 😉

Slayer

the Who in 82.

Monsters of rock, rock festival 1984.

Steppenwolf 1969

Bad Company around '75 along with Kansas before their breakout album.

godef Level 7 July 19, 2018

Fucking Motley Crue. Dr Feelgood tour, ugh... 😟 shhhh, don’t tell anyone

I honestly don't recall. My mother dragged me to so many as a kid, I don't know which one was first. I saw Helen Reddy, Charlie Pride, Mel Tillis, and Frankee Vallee and the Four Seasons. That last one, I think, was the last one I let her take me to. The first concert I CHOSE to go to was Foreigner with Bryan Adams opening.

It would have to be Al Green in England, 1974. Amazing. So long ago 😀

When I was 16 in 1982, Journey. Opening act was Bryan Adams.

That was my second concert (of my own choosing) and the second time I saw Bryan Adams.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:134518
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.