Agnostic.com

5 1

I have abstained from alcohol since being a single parent and being responsible. I do adore the different flavors of beer. I occasionally grab a non alcoholic beer St pauli N/A seem to be one of the best. I have seen N/A wine in the store and on Amazon but have been leary about trying them. Can I get some insight on this?

azzow2 9 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I had sparkling juice (Welch's) for NYE and honestly I LOVED it, more than I've ever like the taste of any wine. I've never been a big drinker, and can't tolerate it anymore. Never like the taste.

At 2.98 per bottle, why go with anything else?

Seriously. Delicious.

I am an experimenter I may just try that.

Beer (or wine) are so connected with the buzz in them that I don't think I could separate the two. I've had no inclination to drink NA anything. It would just make me crave the real thing. (Soon NA drinks will require trigger warning labels).

I'm not sure but I have heard that non-alcoholic drinks are actually just low in alcohol content.

This is true of beer I know first hand I work in the production plant of Stroh's brewery for about 10 years. Not certain of the wine factor though.

It's sort of true. Non-alcoholic beverages can contain up to 0.5% alcohol, but it's usually just a trace. There are traces of alcohol in lots of non-alcoholic things we consume -- bread, fruit juice, wine vinegar, malt vinegar are just a few examples. Foods cooked with alcohol will still have traces, too, even though most of it cooks away. For most people, it won't make the least bit of difference. Even at 0.5%, you'd have to drink 9 of them to get the equivalent of 1 alcoholic drink.

I wish i could help you...sorry.

Avoid Fronti at the least. Appalling muck. My understanding is that the fumes from the alcohol carry the volatiles from the grape juice to your various taste (mostly smell) organs, so N/A wine is very uninteresting.

That is somewhat that I originally thought. Thank you.

Tried it once - was the flattest wine I ever tasted.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13498
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.