Agnostic.com

32 7

Do you trust easily or do you trust no one?

I learned a long time ago not to trust anyone. Most people will snitch on you, backstab you after you just helped them out, use you, abuse you, spread rumors about you, etc... I especially had to learn the hard way in the work force. All the managers and crew gossip. It's like we went back into time and are back in high school again. I don't trust anyone anymore. Parents say to trust them, you can't. Friends that I used to have did it too. I tend to keep to myself because of all the drama I try my best to ignore, everywhere. I don't care about anyone else's business but my own. Do you trust easily? I don't.

Sarahroo29 8 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've found it is easier to get by if I trust myself. I trust my intuition, I trust I can stand up for myself if I need to, I trust I will not take others behavior as an assault on my self esteem (we treat people the way we do because of who we are. Others treat us the way they do because of who they are - their behavior is a reflection of them not us). With the exception of children, at least hopefully. The only one we are guaranteed to be with our entire life is ourselves. We need to trust ourselves. Let others do what they may. Hopefully we will have some real and meaningful connections along the way, maybe those connections will last a long time, but there is no guarantee they will. If someone betrays me it will hurt but it is out of my control and not a reflection on me. Also, have any of us not betrayed somebody in our life?

When I first read your question I said to myself, that I trust people until proven otherwise but after reading the comments, it's more like I give them the benefit of the doubt but I'm pretty careful not to taken for a sucker. I guess I'm skeptical of people the same as I'm skeptical of information.

gearl Level 8 Jan 7, 2018

OK, Firstly I read your post, and yep, my experience is the same, I am so disappointed and disillusioned and so deeply. So, I am very critical, I don't just accept things, I check them out. Now when I check a person out, ie a situation comes up where trust is required, i am diligent, and if I can find nothing adverse, I try and give them "ONE" chance to let me down, as I say to anyone, God doesn't get a second chance. The depths people will go to in order to get their own way or to hurt someone always catches me unprepared. Partners have been among the worst for me and the biggest disappointments. But this is why I still trust, I don't want to close the door to the chance that a really nice lady may come along who wouldn't turn on me. Hence giving that chance. Even now thinking how people have acted makes my head spin.

I tend toward trusting too easily.

I don't trust too many people..

Trust no one. I definitely trust family more than mere acquaintances, but at the end of the day I really feel like it's everyone for themselves.

I trust people to a certain extent by default.

Conversely, I prefer to sit with my back to a wall, and try to keep myself out of situations where my trust can be taken advantage of.

Trusting but cautious, I guess, and with a small portion truly in my close circle.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13522
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.