Agnostic.com

11 1

Books on leaving Jehovah's witnesses?

I've read Llloyd Evans books and Crisis of conscience.But leaving an extremely high control group like Jehovah's witnesses is intense.Im at the point right now where I need to hear stories of other people who made it out ok in the end.I guess there's a comfort in those kinds of book right now.so if you have any suggestions please tell me.

EmberRose003 4 July 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You can check this site >> [towerwatch.com]

Combatting Cult Mind Control by Steve Hassan

Glad you're out. I hope these links come through.

For reference you might try: The Gentile Times Reconsidered by Carl Olof Jonson [watchtowerlies.com]

A old but good personal experience is: Visions of Glory by Barbara Grizutti Harrison [watchtowerlies.com]

A newer personal experience is: The Least of God's Priorities by Bo Juel - [amazon.com]

This is a low cost work of fiction but one that gives real food for thought and I enjoyed it: The Turning Sword by Parker Edwards - [amazon.com]

This site has a good list: [ad1914.com]

gearl Level 8 July 21, 2018

Good luck

I’m actually listening to an audio book called “Stolen Innocence” about a girl who grew up in the FLDS cult. You may relate to it

I can't really know what you are going through. But I wish the best of luck fore you. I woulf imagin that you might lose some friends, even family members. But always rest assured there are new people to meet, like this place for example that will embrace you for the person you are, rather that what religion you belong to.

I wish you the best. 🙂

There's a guy called Telltale Atheist on Youtube who's a former JW, he posts a bunch and may be helpful 🙂

ipdg77 Level 8 July 20, 2018

There are some ex JW groups on here -- and on Facebook too....lots of stories.
You can do it. There is a whole world waiting for you.

I see by your profile that you have been baptised...that sucks since your family and friends who are JW will have to shun you now.
Find your REAL tribe...they are out there. Shunning sucks....but you will find people and real friends who will feel like family.

Can't you just Walk Out, without looking back?

It's not that simple. yes one can give up their belief, but JW are very strict towards friends and family. I've read from many who came out of their so called beliefs and were shunned by their families, and friends. some of them were told that they would never be allowed to speak to their own families.

That is not an easy road for any one to endure.
My heart goes out to those that do make that choice, I wish nothing but the best for them.

@EmberRose003 Wishing you the very best.... where ever your happiness is stored for you... you have to find it. You belong to life... may be via your family... this is on you... and if you are an adult... You need to find your call... you need to find your life. Your trail to follow... Your path to make... Wishing you the Very Best. Remember to be Strong and you owe nothing to nobody but yourself!!!

Good luck

weeman Level 7 July 20, 2018

From my understanding, you have a large challenge ahead of you. I believe the word they use is 'disenfranchised' (not positive). You will likely be shunned by members of your own family. Your's will not be an easy path. Stay strong. As a community we are here for you. You may also want to check out this Reddit group. [reddit.com] Good luck, take care and be well.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:135691
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.