Agnostic.com

36 6

At what age did you realize the Earth wasn't flat?

What about gravity? When did you realize that it actually wasn't electromagnetism?

DZhukovin 7 July 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think I saw a globe, like, always 🙂

I don't ever remember thinking is was, I wasn't taught that is was and nobody I knew thought it was either.
And if there was any doubt, this can't happen on a flat earth 🙂

ipdg77 Level 8 July 21, 2018

I grew up being taught that the world was round I never ever thought that the world was flat

Your question should be quoted the other way around. "When did I realise that there were people in this day and age who 'believe ' the earth is flat"
I guess it was when I first started watching Utube videos.

We had a globe it never came up.

As much flat-earthers can be both funny and frustrating, it is a reminder of a larger, dangerous phenomenon, the my opinions as good as yours school of thought. Expertise matters, and embracing ignorance is not cool. I think of it thusly:

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. However, your opinion is not entitled to be shared, when based on ignorance or intolerance and it is not equivalent to opinion from an expert.

If you don't think it matters, 62M people voted for Trump.

I've known it wasn't flat for as long as I can remember.

Coffeo Level 8 July 21, 2018

I grew up in West Virginia. The word flat only applied to tires. 😛

Great question but I have no idea. We had a set of Encyclopedia Britanica and if I asked a question like that I was often told to look it up. Since I learned to read at an early age I was able to learn a lot from it. It also had fun articles especially for children which helped.

My mother and grandparents probably told me at an early age that the earth was round if I mentioned it being flat. Since they were my authorities on everything I would have taken their word for it. They did not lie to me.

Besides I was a Superman fan and he flew around the earth so of course it was round.

What? It isn't?

Bugger, That's another belief dashed since I joined this site....

Is nothing sacred?

🙂 😉 🙂

I know :/

Age 4 I guess. What person from this century thinks the world is flat? I thought the world being round is common knowledge, today.

don't remember always seen movies and shows with globes or space men looking at the world.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:135774
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.