Agnostic.com

5 0

Why does it seam cultural believers get a free pass?

Just because they have not read, or cherry picked there book, does not do away with the terrible things that is in it, or is a part of their religion. I hear all to often that they are a nice person, ok , but I am sure so are some members of the k..k.k. . Some may say thats not a fair analogy. while I think after reading the bible several times, that it is. the bible is worse than the kkk creed.

MichaelSpinler 8 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You presuppose that they are not all cultural believers. Take a look at the map of religions. If you are born into a Presbyterian family then its 99% certain that if you are religious then thats the one it will be. The same as Baptist, Catholic, Mormon or Muslim. Yes some do convert but how many ex Lutherans do you know that have become Coptic or Greek orthodox? It is just as cultural as which sports team you support. I heard Richard Dawkins explain this in a TV Christmas lecture (I sh*t you not it was brilliant) to a whole load of kids. Religion is a mind virus because of its geographical clusters. Unlike science which although there may be differences of opinion amongst scientists does not adhere to cultural or geographical bios.

Not from me they don't.

I consider myself a cultural Jew. Not related to religion.

They both are The Worst! And I am very sorry, but I simply do not understand what you are trying to say.

PEGUS Level 5 Jan 8, 2018

Someday we'll be able to stand up in a crowd and say we're atheist or agnostic. It's moving in that direction now. It starts with a forum like this. Then this forum becomes the place where we can say we originated from. It will become noted as the popular starting point. Cool!

@MichaelSpinler

How did you deal with agnostics?

@MichaelSpinler I am convinced that both my sister and my daughter are atheists. However, my sister goes with "spiritual," and my daughter goes with "not religious." I think they are both afraid of the stigma. Not always, but I think she still sometimes says her mom is "not religious."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13615
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.