Agnostic.com

42 9

Does it annoy you when Christians say,” America is a Christian nation?”

I seen a stupid post by a Christ infected imbecile about how America is a Christian nation and how Muslims need to stop claiming Allah. Wtf! Allah means god! Just in a different language. Ugh, these damned Christians! Also hearing this end times crap is starting to sound like a broken record. One actually got upset cause the whole sharia law deal. They fail to understand that Christianity has a notorious history on killing millions of Native Americans as immigrants when they arrived to this country and they also have a history of inslaving people of color and forcing their religion down their slaves’ throat. Went as far to condone slavery since the Bible calls for slavery. Don’t even get me started on all the witch hunt trials and the many early scientist who lost their lives from the damn imbeciles. Sorry for my rant, by the way.

EmeraldJewel 7 July 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Tell a lie often enough and long enough by authority figures and the lie will become de facto truth.

It pisses me off to no end, and makes me want to slap the shit out of
the person saying it.

@Shelton I know! I really must stop holding back. Thanks for the encouragement! 😉

You are spot on. Christians are the most two faced people in the world.

The whole Christian Nation trope is part of why we have Cadet Bone Spurs in the WH! The Christofascist element in our society is being used by the rich to grab all the goodies and take control of the government. They hated FDR for the New Deal and have been working behind the scenes since 1938 to make America like they want it!

BillF Level 7 July 21, 2018

I hate hearing that. I moved to America and I think it’s a great country but you have so many brainwashed people and too many of them in a postition of power too.

antman Level 7 July 22, 2018

Yes, it’s freaking annoying how brainwashed people are. Actually scary, too.

I totally agree with you. America is not a Christian nation, our founding fathers made that very clear. Unfortunately, some people just refuse to accept that. In my opinion, Christians are the most arrogant group if people on the face of this planet. They have all the answers and are always right, yet can't deal with it when you point out just how wrong they are. It is nothing more than a method of control used against women and people of color. They forced people to convert by the point of a sword and expect us to believe that all of this is God's will? Whatever. It brings me great joy to hear about churches closing and attendance numbers dwindling. Hopefully this religion will become a thing of the past. Organized religion has no place in a modern society. We know how the world around us works and don't have to rely on superstition. No, I totally agree with you.

It seems as though you are trying to say Allah and thus Islam is less ridiculous than christianity. islam and allah are just as false as all other religions. The founding fathers tried to have a separation of church and state, but the majority of people in the US are christians and they try to shove their beliefs down everyones throats. All religions are false though.

Maybe a modification to misogynist men is in order. Let me give it a thought.

May I suggest that a pretty girl like you will more happiness by finding something or someone to love. A pet, or painting anything that will take the fact that you live amongst a bunch of stupid believers. Soon you will be able to accept the fact that you are even a member of a smaller group of enlightened individuals and you won't care about labels.

I really like your comment.

No it doesn't annoy me because I realize that the country is a Christian majority country. I value my independent thinking and feel sorry that there are so many misinformed people of every phoney faith who will be disappointed with life.

Yes im very annoyed by it! , So much death has been dealt and blood spilled over Christian based wars and conflicts, in fact religious based wars are one of the most leading causes of death throughout history

As a recent immigrant (now Naturalized) I am amazed at the number of Americans that would fail a Civics examination.
The statement is wrong at so many levels:
1- A significant number of the founding fathers had non-Christian beliefs. I believe that was several Unitarians. It is inconceivable that men of such conviction would allow that sentence to be added to the Constitution
2- the Constitution was written in a clear nonsectarian position on religion: including the ability acceptance of those preferring to practice not to practice religion – see (3) below
3- “If I could conceive that the general government might ever be so administered as to render the liberty of conscience insecure, I beg you will be persuaded, that no one would be more zealous than myself to establish effectual barriers against the horrors of spiritual tyranny, and every species of religious persecution.” ~Founding Father George Washington, letter to the United Baptist Chamber of Virginia, May 1789
4- “Of all the animosities which have existed among mankind, those which are caused by a difference of sentiments in religion appear to be the most inveterate and distressing, and ought to be deprecated. I was in hopes that the enlightened and liberal policy, which has marked the present age, would at least have reconciled Christians of every denomination so far that we should never again see the religious disputes carried to such a pitch as to endanger the peace of society.” ~Founding Father George Washington, letter to Edward Newenham, October 20, 1792
5- : "The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus by the Supreme Being in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. ... But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding...." Thomas Jefferson in an letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823
6- In 1954 President Eisenhower 1956 adopted the expression “under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance – I believe that Christianity has been going a little longer than 50 years!

I can go on – it is called seeking the truth – something that more than a few Politians have neither the wit, nor the spline, to practice. Gregg Kervill

Source:

9 minutes using Google - big investment in Truth - shame the christianes cannot afford to find the truth - but then, that's why we are here- gk

George Washington and mostly every President ever elected after him was 'Masonic" This is one secretive organization that controls most southern states and whose Grand Masters were members of the Confederate Army. I would go to Washington D.C. and study up before you go.

Yes, it annoys me to hear that a lot

Only when they refuse to help the poor and breakup families trying to find a better life.

I no longer have the ability to be angry 24/7 about these things. I do my small part to counter incoherent thinking when and where I can but try not to have ego invested in it. So my main emotion is more sadness than anger.

That really sets me off when they say that, in fact two things really piss me off...

1. We are NOT a christian nation, never have been never will be.
  2. We are a democracy when in fact we are NOT, we are a republic period! There is a huge Difference.

Our Founding fathers were afraid of theses two things, thats why the constitution doesn't mention a christian god any where and why we are a republic. Democracy tend to fail, but republics tend to survive and continue to grow.

I just ask them “where it says that in the constitution?”

Ask them why they believe Thomas Jefferson would feel it necessary to include " "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion" into the constitution. Why would these noble Christians include such a limiting statement into this important document? Wouldn't their sense of divine providence command them to establish a religious base in the new world? Yet they didn't. There were 39 signatories to the constitution, representing the founding fathers of the country, and this is what they all agreed to. mic drop.

There is no true separation of church and state in this country. Political leaders who hide behind the Christian label are doing the complete opposite of what their holy books command. It's now a race to see who can grab and keep the most and power.

Yeah. I agree with your frustration. I grew up catholic and then was forced to be protestant while in my parents place. Had to be christian or else. The USA has never been christian. It was the American Indian's land first and it was not christian. I recently learned lately that there are a lot of people leaving the church. And I am glad. I was angry for a while after I moved out of my parent's place and got into more unscientific things like satanism. Science is the right road for me. It is depressing though because I keep finding out how wrong I am.

‘How wrong I am’ love that part. That’s science for you. At least Christians can say...because God said so ?

This country has no official religion, but it is a majority Christian country if you want to face the facts. Please do not take this as a endorsement of any religion, but it is the way it is despite the way some might like it to be. It's is for better to not become so defensive about such a unimportant thing.

I see, I saw, I have seen. I like substituting the words "white men" for the word "god" everywhere I see it. This might work well with the word "Christian" too. Christianity is about white male dominance, and I like to call it out just that way.

I agree with your rant> it is similar to mine on the same subject.

I'm with u girl God has nothing to do with anything other than a way for religions police the weak-minded of their money

Reign Level 2 July 21, 2018

Or Democracy the promotes Libery and Justice for All whose Political Appointements are as coerce and corrupt as are the Religious Institutions to whom they bestow Tax Exemptions in order to secure votes. America's 'Christianity' is deeply rooted in Racism, Bigotry and total neglect of those in need whom are led to believe that their misfortunes and ills are being caused by everyone else's disbelief and not the Political Corruption that favor the few whom do not need it and neglect those who truly need it the most.

Immeasurably.

Christain Nation is frustrating to no end. When 7 Muslims countries were banned, now they are trying to make it permanent. US continue attack the middle East to steal oil and resources.They go through congress who is 99% judeo/Christians, then use the supreme kangaroo court to stack the deck in every which way. It takes a Religion to get a legal licence to kill millions of the poor that opposes their Religion like the right to kill demons.

Unless we are willing to conclude that the 1892 Supreme Court of the United States was supremely ignorant or supremely deceptive, we must admit that America was founded as a Christian nation, and nothing in the U.S. Constitution changed that. The Supreme Court of the United States has given us a nice survey of the Christian history of America.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:136215
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.