Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Rules Are for Schmucks: Who Says Prayer Doesn’t Work? - TheHumanist.com

From the article; When you take this case together with the recent Masterpiece Cakeshop decision in which the religious defendant was let off because two of the seven adjudicators on one of four panels expressed insufficient deference to religion and following on the heels of last year’s Trinity Lutheran case invalidating the constitutions of thirty-eight states; the Hobby Lobby case letting religious employers dump their healthcare costs onto the government; the Little Sisters of the Poor case holding that filling out a form of no legal effect whatsoever is a terrible affront to conscience; the Holt case allowing a religious prisoner to thumb his nose at neutral prison safety rules; and the Town of Greece case in which all nine justices firmly endorsed the idea of prayer before public meetings, you see a court in which religion wins every time.

zblaze 7 July 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Unbelievable.

If they keep going this way soon they will be burning Atheists on a stake.

Makes me glad I live in Canada where failure to follow direct instruction of a police officer can be an offence and you would be told you can pray just as well in cuffs in the back of a police car as you can on your knees.

Instead of American cops shooting everyone we need such laws ourselves where Americans can be tried and fined for failing to follow the direct instruction of a police officer. For those who think that it is harsh, I believe such policy would clear the air on both sides of all the nonsense.

Would love to move to Canada. I certainly feel more Canadian in sentiment. But aside from considerable logistical challenges to such a move, who is going to save the planet from the damage of an unhinged USA if all the sane people move away? ?

@MikeInBatonRouge My sentiments exactly!! Which is precisely why I've rejoined the republican party. I'm fighting from the inside. Outside pressure isn't working. Infiltrating is the only way to effect change.

@KKGator good luck with that. As disgusted as I am with the GOP, we absolutely need two functional parties. Dems definitely need foil for their own excesses. But right now, the GOP has been hijacked, first by tea partiers, and lately by Trump. The independent minded Republicans are all but gone, run out by their own. So yeah, good luck.
The GOP needs to be burned to the ground for its crimes, imo. Then maybe after some humble reflection it can remake itself or be replaced by libertarians.

@KKGator I wish you luck, Gator, but I fear you're outnumbered. The Right has gone so far Right and has been so taken over by the religious base that the leadership is petrified with fear of offending what they see as their only reliable constituency.

Look at what happened to McCain in 2000; torpedoed by Ralph Reed in conjunction with Karl Rove, because he was too moderate and willing to compromise with heathen Demoncrats like me. Instead, we got the "born-again" Bush.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:136763
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.