Agnostic.com

8 2

Whats the worst argument you have ever heard for the existence of god

A member of my family recently tried to convince me that god exists, and her proof was that every time she drove in to town, if the car park looked very busy, she would pray to god and every time she would get a space thanks to god. This was genuine argument that she made, and was argued with no hint of irony at all. Who can beat this for utter stupidity, please share

RobH86 7 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well that one is terrible and also, really? there are starving people and kids dying of disease and you think god is making sure you get a parking spot??!!
Also, “because there MUST be” (because I need a simple explanation).
I also would suggest the argument that “the human eye is a perfect creation” - asserted by someone wearing glasses!

The worst argument for creation: "You can't prove that He doesn't exist."

I remember Richard Dawkins recounting an email from some drippy religionist who said of course God exists and evolution was nonsense because without His influence our heads wouldn't be on our shoulders but under our armpits. Yeah, I mean, you know...

"God must exist because everything has an opposite, including the devil."

Erm... this may surprise you, but I don't believe in the devil either!

Jnei Level 8 Jan 9, 2018

If I thought really hard and long, there is a possibility that I could come close... but I think yours is a winner.

The world is too complicated to have came into existence by natural causes. I’m ashamed to say this, but the argument has gotten so bad because I was so tired of hearing this person coming up with every pull it out of your ass answers, I actually came clean in a fit of rage and told her how much I hated her and how I once wished I could take an axe and put it to her head for trying to brainwash people with her crap and making them think her belief was the only way a person could be saved from some damn eternal in the lake of fire.

@TomasMcCartney I think you forgot to take your meds dude.

@TomasMcCartney lol now it just seems like you’re testing me.

If there was a big bang, than there must have been a big banger and that is god.

The beauty around us... someone had to create it...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13740
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.