Agnostic.com

14 1

How many of you agree? We don't need a religion

To me a Religion should not exist in 20th century. It's useless because it only create hate, difference and groupism. How many of you agree?

• 35 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 6 votes
Dushyant 4 July 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I fear that there is a problem, a malaise in Western society since the decline of religion.

The problem is not that it shouldn't exist, but rather that it does.

I honestly have no issue with religion in someone's life. It's when they try to make laws from a pulpit that I have an issue with.

Hey genius... This is the 21th Century!!! trump troll alert needed quick. Exhibit A... thinks we are in the 20th Century.

As of this comment, 2 people said No (we do need religion). I'm interested in their opinion on why they think this.

Religion is inevitable. Best not to mistake Evangelical Christianity for religion. There are a vast array of 'religions' in the world. I agree that some are highly pernicious but that is the adherents. and if not for one structure they would find another. There are far worse ideologies impinging on the world from Trump to Putin and the manipulators that you don't see. At least you can see and know who Ev Christ is!

I don’t need it. Beyond that I can’t say much else.

That is why we are on this site.

Here's a survey that showed about 40 percent of millennials "find god elsewhere" rather than at a church. That doesn't bode well for going somewhere an praying to ask/affirm for whatever you want. I know people get more religious as they age, but I keep seeing these types of surveys. To me it shows a void in a community that could be filled by others (i.e. Free thought, agnostics, atheists) who want to reach out and help others in THIS life.

[barna.com]

I just turned 40, and I am more firm in my disbelief than ever. Most of my friends are older than I am and they share my views, I think religion should no exist either. Although I have religions people that are very close family and we just don't talk about it, though when they pray for dinner I leave the room.

You’re preaching to the choir.

Hermit Level 7 July 23, 2018

We need religions' antonym, reality.

mt49er Level 7 July 23, 2018

Yes, we need no religion! We need no religion today! (sung to the tune of "Yes, we have no bananas" )

In case you don't know the no bananas song:

I do know the song. ☺

@Sticks48 The no bananas song always makes me laugh 🙂

@pixiedust lt could be a feminist movement anthem. ?

Probably, this is not the people to poll with this question! Lol. But, the more fundamentalist religious training is, the more intolerant people appear to be. Maybe, a kind of teaching that supports human nature...might work, but even that will get twisted and misused by someone with ‘all the answers,’...who will preach that, to all those who will listen! And, down the line...further twisting! Philosophy would be my choice for something close to religious training!

I think the mere fact that we are on this site shows that we believe religions are not necessary.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:137635
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.