Agnostic.com

4 3

How do you follow that?

Often when tragedy strikes someone I know I feel out of place when everyone else offers “thoughts and prayers” and all I can say is I’m sorry. How do you follow someone offering to speak with god for them?

jonjones81 4 July 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I offer truth: "I am so sorry", "this makes no sense", "this sucks"...

Zster Level 8 July 23, 2018

I try to avoid those situations because I'm more than a little lacking in the empathy department unless I really like the person a lot.

Usually the worst thing that can be said is to say nothing..... Take it from there

@jonjones81 no words but they were there. That's what I meant. At times actions speak louder than words, no doubt

Ignore those comments. Be yourself and offer support as best you can. Let them know you are there for them, available just to chat if that is what they need and want.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:137786
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.