Agnostic.com

11 4

There's a Meetup for un-believers on Houston's northside, Humanist Community of the Woodlands. 241 members. A search of Meetup.com on "atheist" returns dozens of similar Meetups across the USA. That's some synergy.

fit-in-Spring-TX 5 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All of this begs the question, why meet? Because un-believers are a disconnected minority, and disconnectedness is unhealthy, mentally and physically. Bonus: un-believers tend to be non-rigid thinkers, >also a minority<. You can't find that at church!

I keep planning to go to one but I just get to involved with stuff to take off the needed hours.

Honestly, I doubt I would enjoy going when I do group things I want to be productive.

And not only Meetups....also there are many Atheists organizations:

Texas

~Amarillo

Freethought Oasis ~ Texas Panhandle

~Austin

Atheist Community of Austin

~Corpus Christi

Corpus Christi Atheists - Meetup

~Dallas

Dallas Atheist Book Club

Dallas-Plano Atheist Meetup

Metroplex Atheists

North Texas Church of Freethought

~El Paso

West Texas Atheists on thinkatheist

~Houston

Houston Atheists

Houston Church of Freethought

Houston Freethought Alliance

Humanists of Houston

~San Antonio

Atheist Families of San Antonio

Freethinkers Association of Central Texas - F.A.C.T. San Antonio

No-Non-Secs! - Secular Students and Young Professionals

San Antonio Atheists (social group)

San Antonio Skeptics

Texas Hill Country Freethinkers

Thanks for posting the 411!

@twshield Some may not longer be active but I am sure most do.

Yeah I just went to my first atheist Meetup Group the other day. It was pretty cool. I'm going to another one in a different city nearby in 2 weeks here in Wisconsin. I just moved here so looking for some like-minded people. I'm happy there are sites that help connect people

Yes, they have Meetups here in Vegas too.

This is true. I used to go to Meetups of all kinds for all interests - hiking, gaming, pets, dining, dancing, etc. Go to Meetups.com.

This is true. I used to go to Meetups of all kinds for all interests - hiking, gaming, pets, dining, dancing, etc. Go to Meetups.com.

If you don't believe, why would there be a meet-up for it? I don't believe in the Easter Bunny, either, is there a meet up for that?

To promote our way of thinking.

@DUCHESSA But it's for Agnostics so you all think the same, anyway?!

@RoadGoddess Ah, got ya. Religion seems to be so much more of a 'thing' in the US, it never ever comes up in my day other than online!

There is a small group that I am a part of that meets near my area here in Kentucky.

@jnjordan37 Madison, Indiana at Harry's Stone Grill on 1st and 3rd Mondays

@jnjordan37 at 7:00 pm

Meetup is how I met some sort of local people. We met at a restaurant. They have an atheist group which has been around for a number of years. I would have preferred meeting somewhere a bit more fun. There was an age gap between us too. I'll still keep an eye out for more meetings.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13819
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.