Agnostic.com

5 0

How old were you when you lost your faith? (If this applies of course)

Autodidact 3 July 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Looking back, I think my age was 58. Every time I prayed for a sick person or animal they died. Sooo. My observations convinced me that all that stuff is mere silliness.

Started questioning things at around the age of 14. Once I was an adult and could stop going to church I did at the first chance I got.

I was a late bloomer ... somewhere around the age of 50.

What happened at that age to guide you towards atheism?

@Autodidact An excellent question. I finally began to realize, thanks in no small part to my adult children and spouse, that I could actually be wrong about many things, and that my reasoning might be at fault. This realization ushered in an epistemological crisis, spreading to my reasons for believing in religion or a deity. At that point, it felt just like playing a game of chess with all but your king and a few pawns remaining, while my opponent (reason) had all the high-value pieces. Unable to play to a draw, I was forced, by logic, to forfeit.

Late teens, still envy my friends that have blind faith.

I didn't so much lose it as toss it over a cliff. It probably started when I was around 16.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:138309
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.