Agnostic.com

22 2

Would you date a theist? Under what conditions?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, it has less to do with what they believe but how open they are to other world views and their treatment of others. I say this because non-theists can easily have the same negative traits as theists can. People are human, you accept them as the individual they are, not as a stereotype.

NO. NONE.

@micheal112 Who are you? I don't see a written profile, and you didn't answer profile questions. English doesn't seem to be your native language. I might have to flag you.

Nope. I've had enough crazy in my life thanks.

Sure! Just none that aren’t very open to other’s views. It matters less about the actual religion, and more about their tolerance and love for others and humanity as a whole.

No. Deep down I believe anyone who buys into that garbage is either a gullible fool or a master manipulator. I have no desire to spend time with someone like that and have a hard time hiding the fact that I want to mock what I consider fooloshness.

Under the same conditions I'd date anyone. If they are a good, open minded person that treats other people with dignity and respect, share similar values and interets, are intelligent, kind, funny, and are happy to let me touch there butt.

Maybe for a couple of hours, provided he is very well endowed.

zesty Level 7 July 9, 2019

No never, I would feel I could not be myself and that would suck.

No, I couldn't. People should have partners who share their beliefs... or disbeliefs.

I'm not dating, been married 13 years, but the answer is yes of course. What someone believes doesn't necessarily make them a bad person.

I have dated theists. It hasn't worked out because if someone truly believes, they have to think you are wrong. That's a tough hurdle to get over.

I don't believe I would date a theist . That is why i am on this website to associate with people that believe like me.

dc65 Level 7 July 24, 2018

I've tried it a few times, all were dismal failures.

I am surrounded by theists, have theist friends with whom I discuss religion and god frequently. I would have no problem going out with one. We each need something in which to Believe, if they want to choose a deity, so be it.

Yes, as long as there's respect.

Sure. But, only if they did not try to impose their religious views on me.

Yes, I would date. If my choses were dying alone or having some happiness in my life.

Only if they shut up about cosmic zombies and imaginary friends

I am still in love with a theist who dumped me 60yrs ago because of my atheism.

On the condition that I don't have to be, and that she doesn't insist that other theists (of the "wrong" religion) are going to hell. The kind who sees it as a metaphor for something deeper, not as a literal history where "god" talks to people and smites shit left and right, until he decides he loves us and sends his son to be killed (except he IS his son, so what the actual fuck?).

Yes, but only so long as they allow me to think freely.

It difficult to imagine dating a theist, because they are delusional. John Nash is delusional, but learned to put aside the people his mind manufactured. Then, he was fit to teach again.

EdEarl Level 8 July 24, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:138414
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.