Agnostic.com

14 0

QUESTION Ginuwine Refused To Kiss A Trans Woman On Live TV And Now The Internet Is At War

Are we watching the invisible silent American hypocrisy unfolding now?

Humanlove 7 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I looked at the post and thought ‘I must stop this judgemental shit that I engage in from time to time and give this article a chance’

So I opened up and got as far as “heated debate on Twitter“

At which I point I knew it was a load of pointless bollocks and decided not to waste my life any further😱

There is some nuance here. He was genuinely being transphobic you can tell by his choice of words. You'd date me right? "Not if you were trans". Implying he would if she wasn't and that is transphobic. Period. The end.

However there is a second issue. he does have the right not to kiss someone. I didnt see the exchange but it sounds like she tried to kiss him once he rebuffed her and she left, so the folks saying she sexually harassed him are full of crap on this point. It takes more than a single event to be considered harassment. His choosing not to kiss her back is his own thing, he has a right to his own bodily autonomy so the refusal wasn't transphobic but his comments sure as shit were.

Rejection based on preference isn't being phobic..

Wouldn't you think it dumb if someone asked you if you'd date Bella, who turns out to be a dog, and labeled you as cynophobic if you said no?

Let's just all calm down

If you watch the clip it’s a discussion among the housemates about how difficult it is to date as a trans woman and Genuwine is used as an example, by India herself, of how most men think, since he’s willing to admit he would not knowingly date a trans woman. You watch his face and he’s as engaged as anyone in the conversation. They happen to be sitting next to each other and she moves in to embrace him, I think to make a point. He pulls back. Neither seems upset. What this demonstrates more than anything is the new trend of quoting a few cherry picked tweets and calling it news. A few random people thought it was transphobic. Most disagreed. I do not think we can say in fairness that constitutes anything meaningful.

Thank you

See this kind of thing is what annoys the hell out of me. I'm a liberal and I support social justice but I can't ever get behind this regressive attitude that the left has sometimes. It's not true liberalism. In fact quite the opposite.

I've had a few brushes with folks of this type and they're as dogmatic as creationists are! If you try to offer any bit of critique or if you're not one hundred percent in lockstep with their beliefs, they automatically assume you're a racist or a sexist or something else that's horrible. It's reactionary thinking and it's hypocritical!

You are 1100% right.

Got more response for not knowing what is 'wine than for his freedom of kiss or obligation to stamp a kiss on anyone or anything that wants one. Priceless. Hate to say it was "FB moment" for this site.

Ginuwine is one of my exes cousin lol

People really are extra sensitive these days, and also like to ignore actual definitions of words and misconstrue actions. Some people take that "thin line" and completely make it disappear.

Ginuwine has every right to not kiss ANYONE! If a CIS woman went up to Ginuwine and tried to kiss him, would he be straight phobic if he pulled away? Or female phobic? Yes, he said he doesn't want to date a trans woman, but so what? If she was born a man, it's still Ginuwine's personal preference to not date a trans woman that was born a man. Just because you live by a certain set of principles and/or realities, it doesn't mean you can force others to do the same. Trans women view themselves as strictly women, but they are still not CIS women. They see being with a man as being totally straight. You also don't harass people by walking up to them and trying to kiss them no matter what gender you are or identify with, unless you're already in a relationship with them or trying to court them after a date or two etc. So why isn't the trans woman being criticized for sexual harassment? She asked if he would date her and he explicitly said no.

People have different perspectives on the same topic or situation. They should be respected. Unless Ginuwine thinks trans people as a whole are disgusting or wishes harm on them, then I don't think he is transphobic. Is it discrimination? Yes. We all discriminate based on a myriad of topics in every day life. Once it changes from personal preference to harming others is when I think it's wrong. Is a woman who doesn't like obese men obesephobic? Everyone who has ever dated has discriminated on people before based on physical features AND personality characteristics.

It's getting to the point where someone's life can be severely damaged because of these flimsy allegations of being "XXXX-phobic". It's to the point where some people might feel forced to do things that go against their wishes and preferences for fear of being publicly shamed and/or brought up against a lawsuit etc.

It takes importance away from the cases that are ACTUALLY serious and "XXXX-phobic".

You are on point and right. Thanks

Haha! India seems to be dominating the show! Doubt very much she will be evicted in a hurry.

On another note, he/she clearly wasn't very convincing!

Absolutely ludicrous! He doesn't 'have' to kiss anyone! :/

It's a blow is progressives who are crying sexual harrssment.

Since when does anyone have to kiss someone else?

gearl Level 8 Jan 9, 2018

Personal preference?

I'm still having to "approve" your posts. Are you on double-secret probation?

@KKGator is this meant for me?

But imagine if it was the other way around.

@0752532706 It was directed toward sassygirl.

And Jerry Seinfeld refused to hug Ke$ha. Big deal.

I have no idea what or who is ginuwine but isn't the choice of 'wine as an individual sacred?

He is an RnB super star in US

@0752532706 "Super" star is a highly subjective term.

@0752532706 I am so out of touch with deities now days that just makes me proud that I don't believe in deities.

@KKGator Always had an understanding that super stars were always shining solo not part of a reality tv group of "tv personalities" trying to be celebrities, RnB fell so low now days?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13863
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.