Agnostic.com

6 2

When I was a young boy I used to watch one of my favorite shows. Candid camera, It took regular people and put them in unusual situations and recorded their reactions without their knowledge. An example was a talking mailbox. Well there was one episode that to this day sticks in my mind. Top college students were given aptitude test to determine the career path that they'd best be suited for. They had this one student from MIT with a 4.0 GPA. As he sat at a table waiting the results of the test the show host explained: "After careful consideration and evaluation we know what career you'd be best suited for. We think you should be a Shepard. " The expression on his face makes me laugh to this day.

steve148 7 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I loved that show. I'm quite fond of the Carbonaro effect as well.

I wish I'd seen the original Candid Camera during its era; I think I'd have enjoyed it a lot. I saw the reboot hosted by Alan Funt's son, Peter, and Suzanne Somers. It was awful — maybe partly a consequence of changing times and tastes in humor, or more likely really poor execution, but it seemed forced and didn't make me laugh. I think Punk'd was, though I barely watched, a better-modernized version of Candid Camera.

I loved that show... I wish they would bring it back.

SMILE! YOU'RE ON CANDID CAMERA!!
With your host Allen Funt!
Yup, use to watch that too!

When I posted I couldn't remember Alan Funts name. Thank you

Candid Camera was a classic.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13880
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.