Agnostic.com

33 8

Social media - how do you use it?

I'm on Facebook primarily to stay in touch with friends and family, share interesting links, and take part in a few groups. Other than that, I spend very little time on there.

Since joining Agnostic.com in December and after taking some time to get a feel for it, I've been on here way more.

Other social media, though, I just don't get it. I had to open a Twitter account mainly for work, but never understood the allure. Same for Instagram, Tumblr, etc.

Do you use other social media, and if so how and why?

bleurowz 8 July 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is the only social media I use at this time.

Hermit Level 7 July 24, 2018

I use it mostly for hobby-related purposes and to follow the exploits of far-flung friends.

Facebook for connecting with friends and family. Reddit to get my liberal slant on world events. Agnostic has become my favorite place to hang out.

There's plenty of conservative slant on reddit, ever been to /r/the_donald? Granted, it's usually pretty extreme, everyone in /the_donald is crazy, but it's there.

@slayer1am I pretty much avoid most subreddits. r/all has a fair amount of variety. Enough to keep me entertained and angry.

I only use Twitter to for inspiration, to see author quotes or things relating to writing and books. Pinterest to collect pictures of fantasy art. FB to reconnect with old friends, stay in touch with loved ones.

Snedge Level 4 July 24, 2018

Social media usage can indeed be a mixed bag. It's great that you use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family and engage in interesting groups. Agnostic.com seems to have captured your interest too.
Twitter and Instagram may not resonate with everyone, and that's perfectly okay. They cater to different interests and preferences. Twitter can be valuable for work-related updates, while Instagram is all about visuals and creative expression.
By the way, if you ever decide to explore Instagram more and want to boost your engagement, you could consider options like instant ig likes. It can help your posts reach a wider audience.

How and why we use social media varies from person to person. It's all about what brings value and enjoyment to your online experience.

I think that social networks can also be a great tool for promoting a business. You can find different options, modern technologies that will additionally help you cope better with sales. I encourage you to learn more about Wonderway's AI sales coaching and request a demo and test the solution. I think it's a good option for any business.

Twitter, FB, and here. Of the 3, I've mostly used Twitter. Essentially, what makes it different than FB is that it essentially is real time discussions, whereas FB is more like personal journaling.

I use FB for comms with friends and family, and never interact with anyone I don't know personally. With Twitter, it's normally conversation or discussion amongst people I know, but also people I don't. Tweets have a much shorter shelf life than FB posts.

I should mention that the Twitter trans community's support was instrumental in helping me transition.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:138891
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.