Agnostic.com

37 3

If you had to choose between saving your mother’s life or a stranger’s baby, which life would you choose to save?

EmeraldJewel 7 July 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments (26 - 37)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would manage to save both.... (I can't do anything about your hypothetical question, as you can't do anything about mu hypothetical answer).

Baby

Cute but basic. It all depends on how much you let yer heart rule yer head.

If I had saved my Mother*, she would have murdered me for not saving the baby.

-* She died about 4 years back.

My mother is dead. Who is the 'stranger'?

My mother. Imagine if this same situation happened when that schmuck Hitler was born, or Mao, or Stalin?

Depends on whose odds were the better choice for saving

Marine Level 8 July 25, 2018

My mum.
That random baby has no significance in my life

Orbilf Level 2 July 25, 2018

Unless you created the situation that put either in harm's way, you have nothing to do with the loss of life. You are saving someone's life because you were able to and in many cases, putting yourself in a life-threatening situation to do so. That act is noble regardless of other events happening nearby. At that same moment thousands of people are dying across the globe, the one in close proximity is as much your fault as everyone else's, which is none.

My answer is that I'd save the baby, and then I'd do what I could to save my mother.

Depends on some important issues. In some cases it would be my mother, in others it would be the baby.

The baby

I love yu karogi and nights in a hotel near kamakhya temple Guwahati

m98928 Level 1 July 24, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:138976
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.