Agnostic.com

28 12

“Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” Do you agree?

β€œBlind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”- Albert Einstein

There have been many experiments that have shown that many people will blindly (and sometimes unjustly) obey people they perceive to be an authority figure.

The Holocaust is probably a major historical example of this. If enough people revolted against Hitler- his power would have been crippled.

So, do you question authority in your own life? And, not just authority that gets a lot of public lash back (like Trump and politics). Even things that are generally respected positions like doctors, police officers, people with celebrity status, etc.

silvereyes 8 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Absolutely. Hence why I refuse to adhere to authority. I teach my children to Question Authority ALWAYS. I come from a family of lawyers, cops, teachers, Authority figures, and I Always opt to choose for myself. I will not comply with Anything simply for the sake of compliance, especially if there is no good reason for me to comply without having a choice in the matter. I would rather resist, and I have, and will continue to resist. I am an anarchist, but not in the punk rock, misinterpreted sense. I am a literal, genuine anarchist. Hence, What Rules?? πŸ˜‰ hee hee

Sadoi Level 7 Jan 9, 2018

I question everyone and everything they say. Especially "authority figures".

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13939
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.