Agnostic.com

45 11

Do you remember your dreams?

Do you remember your dreams? Are they in color or B&W? If you're bi-lingual, do you know which language you speak? Have you ever had flying dreams? What about a "dream world" do you have a repeat "dream location"?

Sirena 7 July 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

45 comments (26 - 45)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well...sometime I’ll have a vivid reoccurring dream from years ago when I was 10 about seeing a shadow appear in the hallway that was coming from up the stairs, heading for my room while I was screaming for my life, trying to desperately cover my face with my pillow then another reoccurring one when I was 12 and some strange voice was outside my room outside my closed bedroom door saying my name over and over and it would get deeper and deeper each time when it first sounded like my mom. Then another one when I was 11 and I remember always seeing somebody dressed in a black robe coming up the stairs, but could never see their face and who it was. Sorry for my long answer hehe!

I've had the robe, unknown face dream. Sometimes it becomes a chase. I don't think I've experienced a specific "tone" in a dream though. Interesting, thanks for sharing ☺

Can’t remember if they are in color. But I do have lucid dreams sometimes. That is a dream where you know you are in a dream while you are dreaming. They can be kind of fun sometimes. For instance you can try and take control of the dream. For instance if you are being chased by something and you know it’s a dream, you can stop running and confront whatever is chasing you.

I rarely remember my dreams. In terms of color vs. black and white, it's usually neither — I have concepts but not really pictures, except when the picture is important in some way, and then it would generally be in color. I don't speak any language other than English fluently, so that doesn't apply to me — but I've heard it said that it's impossible to read in a dream, but I've done it (for a few words or a couple of sentences, but not more than that). I don't fly in my dreams, nor have I ever had a truly lucid dream (though I've sometimes realized I was dreaming and had a modicum of control over the general direction of the dream). I don't have a dream world or a lot of repeat locations, though sometimes I'll dream about college or high school or even elementary school, sometimes visiting or other times back in that environment as a student. My dreams don't really repeat in any obvious way, though there might occasionally be a similar theme that crops up (like aspects of my mother's death or making a trip somewhere).

I like the dreams you realize you're dreaming. It's been a while, but those are fun. I have read a tiny bit too actually. Not long, didn't know it was a thing though

In the past I have had flying dreams, repeat dreams, and I think I dream in color. But for some time, I only remember my dreams if I am dreaming just prior to waking.

just a suggestion [agnostic.com]

Yes! Thank you, I didn't know ?

I do. I dream every night; multiple dreams. Sometimes it's exhausting.

I had a dream journal from roughly 2010 up until 2015/2016 and it helped with not only my drewm recall but also so i could have lucid dreams which were so much fun.

As for colors yes but never green, instead id see purple or once in a while orange.

Only in english or gibberish.

Flying dreams yes but pretty much only while lucid however i have had plenty of dreams where its what id call a "flying camera" where during that time im not me or anyone but just observing for X amt of time.

And repeat dreams for me normally only happen during the same night when i wake up and fall back asleep but have occurred other nights as well. In addition to that ive had mulitple different dreams upon waking up and where also waking up a few times that what was different dreams then merge to become one new dream which was pretty movie like in terms of awesomeness.

I could go on for hours about dreams lol

I've experienced most of this... But I see green.
My flying dreams are different though. I love dreams. Used to keep a dream journal in HS

@Sirena also one time when i was in like 6th grade i had a falling dream and i actually hit the ground and i woke up and practically fell out of bed because i like jumped lol.

Another dream i was killed (shot) and i like ghosted out of my body and saw myself and the scene but i didnt move far and the dream broke down and i woke up. Very crazy at the time.

@Woah_its_Tim I used to have the "outer body experience" dreams when I lived in PR. I don't remember the last time.. there was a Superstition that you couldn't look at yourself if you had an "outer body experience dream". Very neat stuff! Thanks for reminding me ? I didn't get shot though, it was like a "choice".

Bi-lingual or multilingual**

Sirena Level 7 July 25, 2018

Almost always. Sometimes I can even conjure a sequel if I wake and and drift back to sleep.
Flying isn't often a part of it and alot of my dreams seem very realistic with twists.
Location-wise not really a common theme and not always even a location I know. I mean I am sure it is inspired by somewhere I have been but I never really have the ability to focus and remember "where" they were but who they were about. Kinda like my life, I never care where I am or what I am doing but primary is who I am with.

Thank you for sharing!

@Sirena Anytime. Dreams are fun.

@maxhyde agreed!

Thankfully not. Or I might be angry I probably didn't achieve them.

Mokvon Level 8 July 26, 2018

far more often than I'd care to.

DerekD Level 7 July 26, 2018

I wish I did. I wait to Dream of those who have passed but no such luck

Rose2U Level 7 July 26, 2018

When l was younger l had flying dreams, falling dreams, and vivid dreams. I have none of those now, at least not that l remember. I don't know if it is a getting older thing or what. I seldom have dreams l remember anymore.

I barely have any dreams, I know I don't get into deep sleep where dreams happens. I don't mind not having them, whenever I do they are pretty messed up.

nope I don't remember a single dream I have some weird sleep issues though where if someone calls my name and tries to wake me up I will sit up open my eyes look them right in the face and talk to them have a full conversation and not remember damn thing later I was full on asleep and I sleep like the dead and then the icing on this cake is that imma freaking insomniac ?‍?‍?‍ go figure

My ex did that. Full conversations... I learned eventually. Also my BFF's daughter does it. She may even sleepwalk, talk to you with eyes open... no recollection.

@Sirena yup I've even had phone conversations it's wild the weirdest thing I said while in that state is that "I have a magic frog on my leg and it glows in the dark"

I take chantex to quit smoking and that makes me have some crazy ass dreams. I wake up sometimes not knowing that I was asleep because they are realistic. I want to go back to not remembering my dreams

Sometimes I remember my dreams and sometime not. Sometimes I will be fully awake and then something will trigger the memory of a dream just kind of out of nowhere. That is a bit more rare. I have been keeping a dream journal for several years. I usually dream in full color, although I once did have a dream in which I traveled back in time and everything in the past was in black and white and everything in the present was in color.

Neat!

Very rarely. When I do, they are usually so disturbing I'm creeped out for a few days. That's hard to do to me. Leave it to my own mind to be the thing that can actually accomplish this feat!

I dream for a living. I record dreams then make a break down of them into deadlines from 1 year to life. About 85℅ of these dreams have come true for the last 30 years.

When dreaming of flying most often, it's a dream of feeling of well being.

Dreaming in Spanish is most colourful.

Dreams I win every physical fight. In real life never lost a fight, got mugged a few times, even by Monkeys.

Dream I am lost in location alot. When things are moving slow.

Dream I'm naked alot, embarrassed in crowds or public speaking.

Romance a lot , sorry won't tell.

I've never had the naked dream!

@Sirena
I am sometimes too blunt or lack a filter system to what I say. Being fearless, my concern exposing too much of yourself.
I'm often in school walking from and to classed trying to hide my naked body with books. Or flying naked and then the town chases me to put me into imprison. My hunger is to be free.

I used to have a recurring nightmare of being high up somewhere and someone grabbing one of my kids and throwing them over the railing and the whole thing of me being helpless and only watch my kid fall to his death was horrible.

It always seemed to be the same kid too....?

antman Level 7 July 25, 2018

I had 2 kidnapping dreams. Of mine being taken.. not known where they went. That's probably one of the scariest wake up jump!
Being a parent can be scary.

@Sirena yes. That fear that wakes you up but the relief too. Nice to know I’m not alone 🙂

@antman true, the relief is a great feeling ?

Sometimes. Unfortunately I had one last night that I would like to forget. I dreamed that I was on a date with Donald Trump and he was a complete gentleman. Even in dreams he's fake news (him...... a gentleman......)

?

It is a warning your going to date a fake.
Be cautious.

@Castlepaloma or trust issues with someone..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:139881
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.