Agnostic.com

8 4

Everyone says love hurt, but that is not true.
Loneliness hurts!
Rejection hurts!
Losing someone hurts!
Envy hurts!
Everyone gets these things confused with love, but in reality love is the only thing in this world that covers up the PAIN and makes someone feel WONDERFUL again. LOVE is the only thing in this world that does not HURT!!

-jeremy miles

Jmiles 5 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In my own experience love is not supposed to hurt. Love is supposed to feel safe.

I agree. There isn't enough love in this world.

Love itself is great, but it sets us up for great pain when yanked away. It makes us vulnerable.

Zster Level 8 Jan 10, 2018

I do understand what you are trying to say. The hurt and pain is a side effect caused by betrayal, loss, helplessness, abuse etc. The deeper the love the more intense the emotional and psychological pain. They are intricately connected.

Betty Level 8 Jan 10, 2018

Agreed that love itself doesn't hurt. But as someone who has recently gone through a very one sides break up. Nothing hurts worse then losing it.

Beautiful. Thanks for the reminder

I think the song "Love Hurts" talks about finding love and then losing it.

love can and will bring anxiety... anxiety to some people is pain. I disagree bro. To me is inspiration for songs and dig deep into my pain to dedicate the best of me to the one I love or wants to love. Pain is another of many side effects of love. Do not confuse that pain also appears in many other things besides love. I just hit my knee with the desk and... how I love this desk!!!!

Don't blame the desk, you're the one that hit it. 😛

@Betty you got me. darn... you are good.

@GipsyOfNewSpain

I hope you didn't dent the desk. I would hate to think you damaged something you love. 😛

@Betty You are too much Boo, I have to be careful talking around you. And I am the only one of the two with a band aid.

@GipsyOfNewSpain

Love hurts. 😛

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14035
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.