Agnostic.com

19 9

Tonight, I used a "senior" discount for the first time. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

KKGator 9 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Laugh. It is a mile stone. And there ought to be some rewards for living life this long. Our favorite local restaurant has a 20% off for seniors on Wednesday. Like that it covers my tip. Only place I know were you can get razor clams, and eggs for breakfast. Also some nice crab breakfasts.

They come in handy when you're short on cash.

Had a similar experience 5 years ago… Ironically, it was the same ‘FM’ I’d worked at during my second year of high school 🙂 ..I suppose they do the same here in VA ..at Krogers, I haven’t asked 😉

Varn Level 8 Jan 10, 2018

Yeah, on the first Tuesday of every month, the local grocery chain, Fred Meyer (a Kroger company) offers seniors (55 or older) a ten percent discount off of store brands. My sister who is two years older does the grocery shopping and takes advantage of it, although we are both eligible.

I was just letting people know about the discount to also take advantage of it. I think the age for "seniors" is often chosen arbitrarily and really does nto reglect on how I feel about myself.

Soon, you'll be going to early bird dinners... lol

Make it stop! LOL

Welcome to senior citizenry. Just accept it as a part of life and keep on keeping on.

Oh go for it.. if you got it. use it.. It sucks ya but you know what.. you earned it 🙂

See it as a privelege,some never live to get the opportunity.

I wish I could 😛

Ha !!!!
Wait until you don't have to ask.... lol

I didn't. The lady asked me if I wanted my senior discount. I said "no", but my nephew said "yes, she does". I still don't think I'm old enough for that. LOL

@KKGator
Hey, take any discount that you ca n !!!
Next thing, you'll be doing early bird dinners..
Lol

@KKGator
Lol

@KKGator
Lol

@KKGator
Lol

@KKGator
Lol

@KKGator
Lol

@KKGator
Lol

@KKGator
Lol

Its life role with it

I am jealous, here we have to wait until 65, and in my case for most things 67 and 1/2.

Laugh and be proud.

If you take advantage of everything you can for as long as you can, trust me, you'll still be behind the curve at the end. So, whatever you can get, get it. My final line at the driveup ordering machine: "And don't forget my old man's discount."

Congrats, you made it!

Laugh. First of many. You made it in one piece. Next your Retirement. Think about how many of us die without reaching your age, without retirement, without a break in labor. Contributing all those years to a pension they will never enjoy. I am 64, I retired at 62. tried twice to work again. Quit in the 2nd week. Not worth it. Once you retire an inner peace and relaxation will enter you, never to leave you again. Congratulations.

Congrats !!! I would say is a privilege. Enjoy your senior discount.

I can relate. It is a character building experience

lol I know what you mean. I started asking for a senior drink this past year at Wendy's. 😛

KFC has one, too ~

@Varn I rarely go there. I'll try to remember next time. Thanks! 😛

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14050
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.