Agnostic.com

7 1

Any Deadheads out there?

I say the Dead close to 50 times, and Garcia solo stuff another 10 times. For some people that might seem like a lot, but for others that is a mere fraction of what they experienced. As Bill Graham once said, "They're not the best at what they do, they're the only ones who do what they do." I'll take a 1973-74 era Eyes of the World over just about any other piece of music ever composed. What are YOUR thoughts?

mrcharlie65 6 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I saw a few shows. Mostly I wore out bootleg Maxells in my Datsun driving dirt roads in the mountains with the stereo loud.

I wouldn't describe myself as a deadhead but I love a lot of their music. Particularly Working Man's Dead. Pigpen is the man.

@mrcharlie65
I have had a nearly lifelong love of folk and traditional music and have broadcast over 3000 hours worth on public radio here in Australia. If you search the #folkmusic tag on this site you will find an url to one of my early influences - Joan Baez who was greatly influenced by Odetta.

Seen Bob Weir. My ex's band's manager had a scam promoting a Dead reunion concert 22 years ago in NH.

ok, that sounds interesting. I'm very curious what that entailed.

They are regularly featured in my playlists still today.

I couldn't claim to be their greatest fan, but I enjoy them.

I was not a fan, but my friends took me to see them.....would have been 76-77. They were great, but I had never seen a band tune up for as long as they did.......

jasen Level 8 Jan 10, 2018

they were never in much of a rush between songs during the first set.76-77 was an amazing era. I didn't first start seeing them until 84.

Love the Greatful Dead but then my musical tastes are very eclectic and I grew up listening to them and three dog night with my dad

my tastes are all over the place as well.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14054
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.