Agnostic.com

9 5

Which do you think woudl be more likely...

Do you think it would be more likely that we'd get visited by aliens from a different world from this galaxy, or that we'd get visited from people/aliens f from a different version of our world from anotherr part of a multiverse?

Feel free to explain your option.

• 18 votes
  • 9 votes
  • 22 votes
snytiger6 9 July 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Either one would be welcome. It would certainly put a damper on humanities arrogance, and it would be great to hear the religious folks explanation for either occurrence.

I haven't got my head round the size of this universe yet without plonking the multiverse on top! lol I'll stick with aliens from this universe.

I do however acknowledge what NDT said that the universe doesn't make only one of anything so why would it make only one universe? 🙂

ipdg77 Level 8 July 28, 2018

In the words of Hitchhikers guide. The Universe is big. Really really big. You just wouldnt believe how big it is.

Loving this poll!

Like string theory and multiple dimensions, the conjecture of a multiverse is a temporary solution to hitherto insoluble problems in physics and mathematics. In contrast, the existence billions of star systems in our galaxy is observable.

I would agree firstly..that it is highly likely that intelligent..and presumably highly advanced intelligent life exists somewhere out there...

Whether they wish to visit our backwater(or if we would want to encounter them) and how they could traverse the vast light years is a matter for speculation..

If they are from another sister Universe and have mastered utilising wormholes or some other unknown method of folding space/time..well who knows....

I think if we were visited by aliens from a different world, it would be the Anunnaki. They are the only ones I've ever heard about who came to earth.

I am inclined to agree if a visitation in the distant past were correct. The earliest references are Sumerian. Here is a link to Sumerian Mythology [sacred-texts.com] It is by Dr Samuel Kramer, one of the leading Assyriologists in the world. I must say I don't go with Sitchin's evaluation, however

@Geoffrey51 Are you saying that you agree that an alien race has visited earth in the past but perhaps did not create human beings?

@brentan No, I am saying that the Assyrian, therefore Sumerian mythology seems to have a more authentic feel than other contemporary mythologies which lean toward metaphor. I wouldn't say that I agree with visitation but, being agnostic I am open to further research lending more thought in that direction. Of all the cultures, Sumer was pretty advanced, spoke-wheeled chariots and writing ain't bad for a Bronze Age agrarian bunch

Soon

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:141197
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.