Agnostic.com

15 3

What do you feel makes you a good friend?

Are you a good listener, avail a shoulder to cry on, give constructive criticism, and/or are unconditional? What are your qualities that make you a good friend?

MyLiege 7 Jan 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I been around the block a few times to believe the unbelievable. And I know when No means No. The good thing about me = my wife was never my friend before dating me. The bad thing about me = My first 2 best friends before my wife ended in long relationships with me. I missed the friend more than the woman.

The buddy system scuba diving or on military missions. ...lazer clear focus for survival success fun joy playful ACTIVE LISTENING assertive communication remembering my friends stories and asking them to remember mine....in short true companionship and respect for space

On time when I was young a friend came over to MY house just to tell me what a jerk I was, and everyone was completely good with it, because well....he was right. It was he that loved me enough to tell me what an idiot I actually was and spoon feed it to me no matter how awful it tasted.
I then knew what it was to have a true friend, and I did clean up my act.
So now I do tell it like it is to those whom I love....gently but I call a duck a duck.

I listen and also give advice to my one good friend I have. Who needs a lot of friends when you have 2 good friends?

Willing to listen without judgement

Constructive criticism when asked for

Loyalty-no gossipping

Honesty

I'll do literally anything I humanly can for my closest friends, whenever they need it. I'll listen, but I won't judge, and if I'm told a secret it won't go any further.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 10, 2018

loyalty being helpful, trust understanding and honesty but a lack of makes me quite the opposite.

I’m non judgemental and loyal. A good listener and eager to help. And other than my recent move across America ..not going anywhere 🙂

Varn Level 8 Jan 10, 2018

I keep my word and my friends do likewise.

The qualitiesz you list are good choices. I would only add common interests.

Words cannot express what actions can explain.
🙂

I am non-judgemental.

The most frequent report I get is that they can talk about anything around me.

skado Level 9 Jan 10, 2018

I can be fiercely loyal, I am a good listener, will be there to listen anytime and I try my best to give honest advice and opinions, even if they may be slightly brutal because that is the way I expect to be treated. I think honesty is the best policy.
I am an amazing hugger 🙂 An outstanding drinking buddy 😉 And my friends have a place with me when ever they need it. I also love to cook for my friends, so they will never go hungry.

Sacha Level 7 Jan 10, 2018

Supportive, realistic and I love good music.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14178
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.