Agnostic.com

10 5

It has always baffled me that humans think they know all there is to know about "God" yet cannot even name all shades of green or breeds of dogs for example. Not knowing but always seeking seems to be the best approach to life and makes conversations more of a curiosity than a competition!

Dida 7 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Does it baffle you that they made up a god in the first place? What gets me is they continue to use it as an excuse to treat people like garbage while they over indulged in the fruits of evil moves from past to present? Can you relate to that?

It's ironic that the more ignorant people are, the more certain they are.

"beliefs are a pimple on the forehead of understanding."

hi btw, ntmy! 🙂

Well, there are over five thousand god(s) worshiped on this planet!

I am sure the one you might pick is the right one??? LOL!

What amazes me is that someone could believe so strongly in one old book when they haven't read all the texts from around the world. They just assume that the One that's been shown to them is the ultimate truth. That is like saying America is the best place in the world when you've never been anywhere else.

Yes; applies equally to believers and disbelievers. We love our comforting certainty. Even certain death can be more attractive than not knowing.

skado Level 9 Jan 11, 2018

If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts; but if he will be content to begin with doubts he shall end in certainties.
Sir Francis Bacon
English author, courtier, & philosopher (1561 - 1626)

you're a fool if you know everything.

Love it! So true!

The learning process begins the day we are born and continues till the day we die. Religious people live in their own world and don't want to look past their front door.

Somehow "unshakable faith" has become a quality people aspire to. The magic of MARKETING!

just like buffalo wings lol

That reminds me of Socrates. Just admit that you don’t know squat and endeavor to find truth.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14348
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.