Agnostic.com

15 4

QUESTION Has Evangelical Christianity Become Sociopathic?

I believe the most dangerous folks out there to our environment and ourselves are the Evangelical Christians; they don't invest in today because they are living to die.

Scorpio_gurl 6 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Exactly!

Most evangelists live way out in the rugged areas, like the Blud Ridge Mountains, country terrian all over the USA like that. They are very community oriented and do not socialize much outside their community. Theyare extreme in their faith and take the Bible literally. They are more old Testament followers, rather than the New Testament. These groups I have watched many documantaries about. They also play with poisonouse snakes. Many have hands or other body places deformed from the venom of a sting they survived. They are an exttremely out there group and do not want to deal with the rest of the world. I doubt any of them vote. These people are real shutoffs.

I have had a problem with a powerful politician, like W Bush, who believed that nuclear destruction would bring Jesus back to Earth. His fantasy could make him lean toward a horrible decision.and the modern hateful brand of Christianity, I know that no thinking person could reconcile current Republican (evangelical) social policy with Christian philosophy. I guess it proves that religion and thoughtful reasoning are polar opposites.

They are the Christian ISIS.
This movement and their media circus Fox news has been like a version of the body snatchers for many elderly people including my uncle. When he started defending white supremacists I had to quit having any serious discussions with him. Sadly he has alienated some of his kids for this crap too.

Religion antonyms: Reality, True & Fact.

Sociopath definition: a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

So, if you are willfully ignorant of reality, as I see it, you are also a sociopath. It doesn't matter which religion you identify with.

The evangelical movement has been in the process of becoming sociopathic since it first became identifiable. During my lifetime, I can't recall a time when they weren't sociopathic.

What do they mean "become"... It always has been. Granted they seem to have gone even further in that direction, but it was ALWAYS there.

YES! Nuff said.

Seems evangelical Christians will vote for anyone who will advance their political agenda. A couple of cases in point are Donald Trump and Roy Moore. Both thoroughly disgusting people who claim to represent Christian political views. Seems like they are making deals with the devil to get their agendas promoted!

People who think have moved away from Christianity leaving behind those who don't or, won't. "Evangelical" just means "bully" to me. Why would anyone need to "spread the word" If the word is just and righteous, I will find it. Never trust the hard sell.

Always was

Yes, the extreme "true believers" among the evangelical Christians are now definitely sociopathic in their attitudes, words, and behavior. They are a threat to our democracy!

Since the beginning.

Yes it has. Always have thought these evangelists had a screw loose with their hateful assault on the LGBTQ community like the Westboro Baptist Church. Asking parents to give up their children to god and asking the opposite is just plain nuts to me.

Any 'christians' who are preaching hate have completely missed the point of their own religion.

YES!
After watching the results in Panama after living there for nine years until 2015!
Evangelical Christians are overtly aggressive and narcissistic!
They have no latitude when it comes to any one else's beliefs!
Here in the USA it is even more horrible in nature!
They are following these narcissistic greedy power seeking leaders who differently do not have any true pure thoughts or empathy for those who support them and spent their hard earn monies to support these monsters!
Just look what they are doing to this country!
Voting for and blindly believing a TV reality host who is actually a atheist disguising himself and passing himself as an Evangelical Christian.
These types will follow anyone or anything that is popular just to belong!
They will believe almost anything these criminal leaders tell them as or to be true!
It is all fake like their fake news!
All lies and deceit!

what was your experience in Panama?

@btroje Good and bad! It has become expensive unless you want to live on beans and rice everyday! Food, vehicles, and housing are much cheaper here now! If you are older and do not have good major health insurance. that is very expensive there! Minor medical is cheap and available, pharmaceuticals are a lot cheaper there! If you do not read, write, or speak Spanish you will have a lot of problems there! The travel sites lie, so beware!
Paradise is a mental state not a place!

@of-the-mountain thats good info because I see a lot of sites talking about moving to Panama, In your first statement I thought you were referring to an effect the Evangelical Christians had there?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14362
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.