Agnostic.com

3 1

Am I getting so old where I'm asking myself these things? Lol

I went to the store today to get some Vitamin D pills. I'm pretty much a vampire with pale skin so I have to supplement. The sun isn't kind to me. First, there are like 300 choices from all different brands, and then for the same product the price per supply varies so much.

Some were like a 4 month supply for $25 - $40, and then the one I got was a year supply for $17.50. Mine was the store brand, but Vitamin D is Vitamin D.

I know name brands cost more just because of the marketing, but is there anything other than the name brand that causes them to charge more when it's the same product? Do they take away or add some minute ingredient that makes them incur more cost?

I tried ordering some online because it was cheaper (about $12 WITH shipping), but the dosage I needed (2,000 IU - which is pretty standard) on some websites wouldn't ship to NY for some reason having to do with an ingredient (I tried like 4 different brands on a website)......which is really shady and I don't want that in my body anyway. So I figured I would go to some stores near me thinking I could find a deal somewhere. Nope lol

Piece2YourPuzzle 8 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

15 minutes a day of sunlight is sufficient for most fair complected folks. Not enough to induce basil cell carcinoma but enough for vitamin D processing. Unless you have a particular medical annomily. Fish, nuts, avocados.

The cheap ones usually have junk added to it. Corn starch, gelatin etc

Rina Level 2 Jan 11, 2018

Its all marketing, merchandising, advertising and packaging that you are paying for. They are all the same.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14434
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.