Agnostic.com

3 9

Two trees have stood side by side in a forest for many, many years. One is a Beech tree, the other a Birch tree. One day, a sapling sprung up between the two, and they began to argue as to whether the young tree was a Son of a Beech, or a Son of a Birch. This argument went on for weeks, til finally, one spring day, the two trees decided to flag down a woodpecker to see if he could lend his professional opinion. Upon hearing about their dilemma, the woodpecker agreed to go sample the sapling and report his findings. After a few minutes the woodpecker flew back up into the trees, and said that the baby tree was neither a Son of a Beech, nor was it a Son of a Birch; it was, however, the finest piece of Ash he'd ever sunk his pecker into.

DerekD 7 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thank you, my wife thinks less of me for reading it aloud.

Funny. Good one.

All my old jokes have come back to haunt me. Like it!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14451
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.