Agnostic.com

17 1

Let's talk about how much we all hate Valentine's day! I know I'm not the only one!

NicThePoet 7 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yep... it celebrates Saint Valentine... right?

I enjoy having the opportunity to express my love with flowers, just no female companion to share a kiss with anymore.

Really hate it now. It's a consumerist parade hyped by candy and greeting card companies to try to thrift shame us into spending the GDP of a Sub Saharan African Country in order to prove that we love those close to us. Right now, I don't feel like loving anything at all in the first place, making the false cuteness and superficial expressions of sugary Twitter feel like battery acid, unbearably loathesome Santorum, the lot of it.

I hate all that crap. I like to make my own mind up apart from maybe birthdays. a tradition to me is just an excuse to do bad things. what other times of the year do you saw fir trees down to stick them indoors just to throw away two weeks later or have an overpowering urge to eat turkeys? what about bullfighting and worse? I never wanted Easter eggs as I knew that there was a lot more chocolate in a bar and it was cheaper.

I dodge it every year and hang out with my single friends getting drunk.

I hate it for a completely different set of reasons. Being a Chef (35 year career) February 14 looks like this to me...

1. People who don't dine out, and shouldn't be let out in public have an overpowering urge to go out that night.
  2. It's all 2 tops
  3. Not everyone gets a 7:30 reservation, no matter how much you yell at my host.
  4. If my restaurant is too expensive during the rest of the year, what makes you think my prices are going to drop on this day
  5. We will do 3-4 times the business we do on an extremely busy weekend night. By the time you are seated for your 10:30 reservation my 120 seat restaurant has served 400+. We are tired. Please be understanding.
  6. By the time we close, well into the early morning hours. I! I'll head home hungry, dirty, and emotionally drained. I will be exhausted to the point that my SO will be lucky to get a kiss after I shower. , before I pass out to start all over in a few hours.
  7. 35 years of this crap, no wonder I hate it ( so does my SO )

I've never liked making a show of doing certain things on certain days. If you don't do it every day, you don't mean it.*

*terms and conditions apply

Oh please! Please let me send you a valentine?!!!! Please!!!!

Why would anyone "hate" Valentines Day?

I've never liked it since I was a kid.
If you like someone, treat them nice every day. 🙂

This once a year false pretense of romance has been hijacked by capitalists and opportunists for self enrichment. How many television ads will we see about buying a love interest chocolate diamonds on valentines day? Truth be told when I am in love I want to celebrate her life everyday through gestures both large and small. But its the same for most Holidays now. The original intent has been repurposed.

Meh. It's a day for couples, if they want to mark it. I am single, unattached. Mardi gras moves on the calendar from year to year, and this year? It is Feb. 13th. So what? You say? That makes Feb. 14th Ash Wednesday. Bwahhaha! Observant Catholics, of which there are many here in South Louisiana, are supposed to be somber, repentant, and wearing ash on their foreheads. Not exactly conducive to sexy romance. Awkward!

Well my birthday is on February 13th. Its my damn birthday lol, give me a present please!!! Valentines day I still don't know how I feel about this 🙂

I will say even when I have been in relationships, no one has ever given me a valentines gift ever 😟 No flowers or anything. Do I feel lonely on Valentines day? no.
I think that you can give flowers and candy and tell your loved one how much they mean to you any day and everyday anyway.Don't think you need just one day for it.

Sacha Level 7 Jan 11, 2018

@evestrat Scribbles notes 😉 hehe

It's just another greeting card "holiday". It means nothing to me.

The notion of picking one day of year to show affection to another person, only to benefit corporations' bottom line, is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable cold hearted wretches the rest of the year.

why do you hate VD?

Forced romance isn't romantic to me at all.

@WickedNicki Why it must be forced?

@Hellbent ...your "fast" mind gets ideas. LOL

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14454
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.