Agnostic.com

4 1

Christian diet

So the biblical based diet is a thing? I was talking about the weight I gained and how I am trying to eat better and someone at work mentioned doing a bible based diet. Sigh....

GreatNani 8 July 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The book of Paul is best with Blue Cheese

Here is a simple diet.

Avoid processed foods, especially sugr. No carbonated drinks.
Don't watch calories, just watch nutritional content.

In the humter gatherer days, humans evolved to seek out the tastes of far, sugar dn salt. In nature, eatign foods with those tastes woudl supply the body with the nutrients it needed.

Processed foods also have those tastes, but the nutrition has been processed out of them, but they retain calories. Calories without nutrients are called "empty calories".

So, eatign processed goods you consume calories but dont' get the nutrients your body needs, so yor body craves more food tryign to get nutrients. That is why so many Americans are obese. They eat calorie rich, but nutrient poor foods.

Generally, If you eat a diet where you eat only nutritious foods, after a couple of months you will not be hungry and will over all just be healthier.

I recommend reading bpoks on vegetarianism to learn more about nutrition. I dotn 'eat vegetarian, (anymore) but I do attention to what i eat and the nutritional vlye I get.

Sounds like what I am already doing.

It's just a sensible diet, since the people in those times didn't have our processed, GMO or chemical-filled foods.

The Bible diet is plant-based, allowing whole grains, beans, legumes, fruits, nuts and seeds, most vegetables. It also includes baked or grilled fish, beef, wild game meats, turkey, chicken, and insects such as grasshoppers, locusts and crickets.

No pork is eaten, including sausage, bacon, ham, pork chops, chorizo and pork pepperoni. Also, no refined flour or sugar, such as pastries, candies, ketchup, soft drinks and white breads and pastas. No seafood such as eel, crab, lobster, oysters, shrimp and crawfish, or fried meats and processed meats such as bologna, corned beef and roast beef.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:144619
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.